Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Payroll Manager (S03140)
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, located just north of Washington, D.C. in Maryland, seeks a full-time Payroll Manager, in the department of Human Resources Strategic and Talent Management. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with additional hours as needed. This is an exempt, non-bargaining, grade 31 position.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the end-to-end payroll life cycle to ensure all payroll functions are completed in accordance with established timelines, College Policies and Procedures and Federal, State and Local statutory regulations. The Payroll Manager oversees the payroll life cycle to include interaction with HR Records, Benefits, Risk Management, Employee Relations, Foundation, Budget, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Grants, General Ledger, IT, Legal, College-Wide Departments, Faculty, Students, Staff and Payroll Tax Agencies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead a staff of three through the end-to-end payroll processes including pre-payroll data collection, inter-department communications, data input and compliance review; execution of biweekly payroll cycle including 85+ automated processes and audits; payroll reconciliation, leave accruals, outgoing interfaces, direct deposit and positive pay files to Bank, check print and follow-up customer service.
- Detailed review of web time entry to ensure accuracy of input in accordance with College Policies and Procedures.
- Receipt of Wage Garnishments including Child Support, Tax Levies, Bankruptcy and Wage Garnishments. Review court orders, communicate with employees, agencies and attorneys as required. Accurately set up Garnishments in Payroll system, maintain historical records and initiate payments.
- Oversee the biweekly execution and reconciliation of outgoing interfaces and payments to Bank, three Unions, the College Foundation and General Ledger.
- Review and approve outgoing payments for taxes, wage garnishments, Union dues and Benefits.
- Off-Cycle exception processing as needed to receive, review and process adjustments, workers compensation and special checks.
- Oversee collection of overpayments to include detailed backup.
- Maintain pre and post-payroll records to ensure data is reconciled and available for retrieval to support research and audits.
- Reconciliations, Payroll Tax Filings, related reporting and Audit Support.
- Maintain payroll software and supporting processes to ensure compliance with College Calendars, College Policies and Procedures as well as Federal, State and Local statutory regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management.
- Five years of experience performing payroll processing functions.
- Two years of supervisory experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of principles, best practices, and trends in payroll management.
- Considerable knowledge of payroll processing procedures and law/regulations affecting payroll.
- Skill in using computers and other office equipment.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Certified Payroll Professional certification
- Experience working with Ellucian and/or Workday Human Resources/Payroll Systems
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by February 21, 2020.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, February 21, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.