|Coordinator, Communications & Marketing
||Lake Washington Institute of Technology
||Virginia, United States
Admin - Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
|$4,815.00 - $4,815.00 Monthly|
|OPENING DATE: 11/05/19|
|CLOSING DATE: Continuous|
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
|This position is open until filled|
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech), located 15 miles northeast of Seattle, is the only public institute of technology in Washington state and has provided high quality education since 1949. We offer 8 applied bachelor's degrees, 43 associate degrees and 91 professional certificates in 42 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. LWTech is located within the city of Kirkland, which is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo. LWTech was recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 150 two-year colleges in the nation in 2018 and is proud to be a Military Friendly School.
LWTech is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its staff and faculty. We serve a student population of 6,500 that come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly value diversity and are working to improve access and successful educational outcomes for all students. We are actively seeking applicants that will help to balance our employee workforce to align with our students and community. Questions regarding the College's commitment to diversity and our campus culture may be directed to Human Resources. For more information on our Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Council,please click on the link.
The Communications/Marketing department is a data-driven department that is seeking a coordinator who will be a liaison between the department and the college community. Candidates should be proactive and take initiative, be skilled in customer service, proficient in project management, and be a competent writer.
- Coordinate and implement initiatives in support of the marketing department's strategies, goals and objectives.
- Coordinate, project manage, and traffic all creative and public relations jobs in the department; including, the coordination of project workflow data.
- Write creative briefs/summaries to start creative jobs.
- Open all department job numbers and create work back schedules.
- Write media documents (press releases, media advisories, etc.).
- Interview/write student and staff stories for internal and external communications.
- Assist in the development, execution, tracking and refinement of marketing efforts.
- Responsible for producing and implementing social media content and engagement in a proactive manner.
- Assist other departments on behalf of the marketing department at college events/functions.
- Coordinate and maintain supply of promotional items.
- Continually track media coverage and generate reports.
- Create and maintain media lists.
- Conduct media relations and outreach.
- Develop content for the website and blogs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications or comparable work experience. Experience in higher education a plus.
- Solutions-oriented self-starter with a strong desire to grow.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to write in a style that matches the college voice and brand.
- Experience in project management.
- Exceptional proofreading skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and social media platforms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- SEO/SEM knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in creating external and internal communications materials such as press releases, collateral, articles and flyers.
- Creative mind that thinks outside of the box.
- Ability to work efficiently with detail under time constraints.
- Understanding of public relations tools and communications.
- Employs a high-level of enthusiasm and excellent customer service.
- Must be a team player and solid communicator.
- Experience in experiential marketing a plus.
- Photography skills a plus.
- Experience working in Smartsheet or other project management software, a plus.
- Proficiency in public relations writing and AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
|Salary is $4,815 per month. Working hours are typically 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; some evening and weekend hours as needed. This is an exempt position and employment is at-will. Medical, dental and insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board; State Retirement Plan; vacation and sick leave begin to accrue at the rate of 1 prorated day per month, dependent on percent of full-time, effective upon employment.|
Required Online Application Materials
- Online application
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Write a sample press release written in AP Style: Premise for the press release is: LWTech and Northeastern University have signed an articulation agreement. All of LWTech's Bachelor's of Applied Science (BAS) degrees will now be accepted in all of Northeastern University's Master's degree programs offered through their College of Professional Studies.
- Write a 250 word fictional article, written in AP Style that is a student spotlight story. The story should be about a recent graduate of LWTech who is working in their dream job because of what they learned and studied at LWTech.
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Conditions of Employment
- Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
- Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
Physical/Mental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mobility: ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes and/or prepare materials or equipment
- Lifting: frequently lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 10 pounds
- Hearing/Talking: ability to hear normal speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person
- Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate, frequent contact with co-workers, as well as the public
- Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently
- Frequent use of office equipment
- Exposure to weather; corridors between building are located outdoors
- If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
Affirmative Action Statement
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in is programs and activities. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Executive Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
|You must submit an online application, including resume and letter, at http://www.lwtech.edu. We do not accept hardcopy, faxed, or emailed application materials.|
All application materials become the property of Lake Washington Institute of Technology.
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
COORDINATOR, COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING