Job TitleAdministrative Assistant I - Technology & Transportation
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentNW Bus Tech & Transportation
Provides administrative secretarial and clerical service to students, faculty, and staff, such as schedules appointments, gives information to callers, provides office management and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Reads and routes incoming mail/email. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer
• Works with word processing, spreadsheet and database software to complete administrative tasks
• Handles extensive confidential information
• Composes and types routine correspondence; prepares materials for special events such as invitations, guest lists RSVPs, programs, etc.
• Files correspondence and other records
• Answers telephones and gives information to callers or routes to appropriate official and places outgoing calls
• Schedules appointments and makes changes to calendar as necessary
• Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to employer or appropriate person
• Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisors
• Arrange travel schedule and reservations
• Compiles and types statistical and budget related reports; maintains related databases and enters new data as necessary
• Schedules meetings and records minutes of staff meetings; makes copies of correspondence or other printed matter; may complete room reservations
• Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer
• Prepares outgoing mail
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text data and graphics
• Assists with office payroll
• Orders and stock office supplies as necessary; processes purchase orders as necessary
• Processes a variety of documents, forms, and files
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of office experience as a secretary; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Excellent customer services and interpersonal skills
• Skill in working with computerized systems
• Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization
• Ability to handle extensive confidential data
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is an on-call position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week. On-call work schedules may vary based on individual campus/departmental needs.