|Hourly Pool - Transit Service Operator
||Portland Community College
||Oregon, United States
Admin - Facilities Management
|Hourly Pool - Transit Service Operator |
|Various Locations |
|Various Locations |
|Hours of Work|
|If Other, Please Specify|
|Hourly Pool |
|Starting Salary Range|
|Level II: $11.25 - $16.29 per hour |
|Job Close Date|
|Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received. |
|Under the direction of the Parking & Transportation Manager, provides safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient bus transportation service to all members of the PCC community. Monitors traffic for road safety while being aware of the overall environment on the shuttle bus. Work requires daily interaction with the public in a variety of situations. May function independently with minimal direct supervision while out on route. |
This Hourly Hiring Pool represents non-benefitted job openings that may become available in the future. There is no guarantee of interview or employment from this recruitment. Jobs may be located in any of several campuses and centers throughout the PCC district. Hours and schedules vary.
Service - Casual Employment.
|- Operate shuttle bus in a safe manner, on specified route(s) according to established time schedules. Follow PCC rules and policies, obey traffic laws, and remain current on any changes. |
- Prepare bus for operation by performing pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections; this includes reviewing the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order. Monitor the ongoing condition of the vehicle during operation and report any malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Develop and practice defensive driving skills to prevent vehicle and passenger accidents. In the event of an accident, or emergency, assist passengers to assure their safety.
- Provide accurate information to passengers regarding routes, schedules, and operating rules.
- Assist disabled passengers with boarding and exiting the bus. May be required to secure wheelchairs.
- Provide verbal and written reports to PCC supervisors and management concerning route, safety, schedule, passenger complaints and operational problems or concerns.
- Responsible for fueling bus, maintaining bus cleanliness, and performing other minor maintenance actions concerning overall maintenance of the vehicle.
- Prepare required paperwork such as passenger counts, accident/incident reports, and bus defect reports.
- In the event of unscheduled closures due to weather events and/or other circumstances, Transit Service Operators are considered "essential personnel" and may be expected to work when PCC is not officially open.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|BASIC QUALIFICATIONS involve the ability to perform the duties at one or more of the following levels: |
Level II: Duties involve labor that may require specialized training or licenses. Work is done under general supervision and may require incumbent to draw on experience and use of judgment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid "Class B" Commercial Driver's license for operation of motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record including five years of accident free driving, with no recent moving violations.
- Must possess passenger and air brake endorsements.
- Must be able to pass a personal and criminal history background check.
- Must pass a physical examination and submit to periodic drug testing.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle sitting for long periods of time; safely assist people using personal mobility devices on and off the bus and work in all types of weather.
|Additional Posting Information|
|To apply for this hiring pool you must submit: |
1. Completed online application (required - be sure to complete all sections)
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They are not required. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants must meet the basic requirements for employment in any hourly pool position. An hourly employee may work up to 599 hours per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) in an individual hourly job. With some restrictions, hourly employees may hold more than one hourly job at the college. There are no benefits.
- Hours vary and are set by the department.
- A criminal background check will be required before employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
|Documents that must be associated with this posting|
|Documents which can be associated with this posting|
|Full Time/Part Time|
|Part Time |
|PCC Employees Only?|