|Part-Time Faculty Pool - Airplane Basic CFI - Aviation Science (AVS-125)
||Portland Community College
||Oregon, United States
Faculty - Vocational & Technical - Aviation
|Part-Time Faculty Pool - Airplane Basic CFI - Aviation Science (AVS-125) |
|Various Locations |
|Various Locations |
|Hours of Work|
|If Other, Please Specify|
|Part time Faculty |
|Starting Salary Range|
|2016/17 Per Course Rates: $18.50 - $22.50 (Initial step placement may be above step 1, based on the instructor's qualifications) |
|Job Close Date|
|These are Open and Continuous Pool Positions |
|This posting represents anticipated ongoing part time instructor openings in the field of Airplane Basic CFI - Aviation Science.Your application may be considered for substitute assignments as well as full class assignments. |
See PCC's Aviation Science Program details at this website:
2016-17 Part-time instructor rates
Part-time instructors for the Private Pilot Certificate program will be compensated on a per-course rate based on contact hours with the student.
Step advancement shall be based on Article 18.23 of the Faculty/AP Agreement. Initial step placement may be above step 1, based on the instructor's qualifications.
Note to Applicants
These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in these positions will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide high-quality, scenario-based flight instruction and one-on-one ground instruction as required by the FAA for the Private Pilot Helicopter certificate;
2. Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement to students in a flight school setting;
3. Apply clear and comprehensive performance assessment tools to measure student proficiency;
4. Evaluate and maintain accurate records of student progress, provide appropriate and timely feedback to students regarding performance, and notify PCC of any significant deviation from normal progress expectations in a timely manner;
5. Communicate effectively with students and staff, both verbally and in written form;
6. Work with students from diverse cultural, economic, education, and ethnic backgrounds to fulfill academic goals.
7. Incorporate college values into curriculum and promote a respectful learning environment including facilitating awareness of multicultural and diversity issues in curricula;
8. Work independently and/or in a team setting;
9. Organize resources and establish priorities;
10. Work safely and participate in the Safety Management System;
11. Keep required departmental records;
12. Maintain an active and appropriate flight training schedule for each assigned student;
13. Adhere to college/departmental/divisional policies/procedures;
14. Maintain physical campus (airport) presence for instruction and daily needs of students, departments, college and community;
15. Maintain compliance with accountability requirements for leave time, timesheet completion, instruction time reporting, and related functions.
Physical Demands / Working Environment
1. Hold and maintain FAA Aviation Second Class Medical Certificate;
2. Must maintain weight of 220 pounds or less due to equipment limitations;
3. Work in sometimes small, confined spaces with students;
4. Agility to enter and exit aircraft safely;
5. The Aviation Science program operate under a zero tolerance drug and alcohol workplace policy;
6. Must be willing to submit to random and reasonable for-cause drug and alcohol testing.
|Minimum Qualifications |
Required FAA Certificates and Ratings
1. Commercial Pilot, Airplane Single-Engine Land (SEL), Instrument Airplane
2. Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), Airplane SEL
3. Valid FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
1. Must be employable by the contracted flight training facility.
2. Because a contracted facility will be in use, part-time instructors in the Private Pilot Certificate program must be able to meet all requirements of the contracting facility, including, but not limited to any required drug and/or alcohol testing, safety standards, dress and conduct codes. If a part-time instructor is rejected by the contracting facility for any reason, the instructor will not continue to be employed as a Private Pilot Certificate program instructor because they will not be able to teach.
Preferred FAA Certificates and Ratings
1. Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), Airplane SEL, Instrument Airplane (CFII)
2. Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI)
3. Instrument Ground Instructor (IGI)
1. Preference given to graduates of the Portland Community College Aviation Science Program.
2. One-year prior teaching experience under Part 141 regulations with FAA approved Training Course Outline.
3. One-year Flight Instructor experience under Part 61 with successful completion of 80% of ten or more students recommended for certification.
4. Multicultural experience and bilingual proficiency in World languages is preferred.
|Additional Posting Information|
|To be considered as a candidate, all of the following materials must be submitted: |
1) Online application (Completed)
2) Current resume or CV (Attach document)
3) Cover letter (Attach document)
4) Copies of all FAA issued certificates & ratings (Originals to be brought to interview)
5) Copy of FAA Second Class Medical Certificate (Originals to be brought to interview)
** If selected for an interview pilot logbook and photo ID will need to be provided.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
|Documents that must be associated with this posting|
|Documents which can be associated with this posting|
|Full Time/Part Time|
|Part Time |
|PCC Employees Only?|