Assistant Dean of Admission / Admission Counselor
Colgate University is offering an Assistant Dean of Admission / Admission Counselor position in a prestigious educational environment, with collaborative and supportive team dynamics and the opportunity to engage in a challenging and rewarding role. We are a distinctive, leading American university known for its intellectual rigor, world-class professors, a campus of stunning beauty, and alumni famously loyal to their alma mater. Located in Hamilton N.Y. you are just moments away from Central New York's top attractions.
The University: Colgate's scale is unlike any in America. We are small enough for students to build relationships with their professors, yet large enough to support top scholars in every field. We offer a surprisingly vast array of classes and majors. Colgate strives to be an inclusive community -- one that embraces and values diversity in an environment of mutual respect, communication and engagement.
We are looking for a candidate that possesses the following traits:
- Digitally savvy in a way that engages students for recruitment purposes.
- Customer service focused both on campus and in assigned travel regions.
- Builds strong and positive relationships with constituents.
- Has an objective eye and independent judgment when reviewing applications in the decision-making process.
- Is open to supervisor feedback and responds accordingly.
- Holds accountability for personal growth and advancement of relevant admissions, analytical, process and general professional skills and behaviors.
- Is flexible and open to performing other duties and projects as assigned. May include work with Colgate student volunteer programs.
We will expect the candidate to have the following experience:
Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high comfort level with public speaking before large groups is required, and an ability to effectively engage audiences through dynamic oral presentations is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the liberal arts and ability to communicate the value of a liberal arts education to students and other outside constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information pertaining to application review and other admission initiatives.
- Passport eligibility is required.
We offer a broad scope and exceptional quality of benefits to our employees. Every attempt is made to meet essential needs on a competitive basis. You may view them here: http://www.colgate.edu/working-at-colgate/benefits.
Colgate also believes in maintaining a healthy workforce, both physically and mentally, and recognizes the importance of maintaining and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. Check out Work/Life Programs here: http://www.colgate.edu/working-at-colgate/work-life-programs
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- High visibility role
- Access to personal development workshops and training
- A challenging and personally gratifying position in a prestigious university environment
Interested? Apply here: