Charity Navigator is looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic team as a Program Support Analyst (Temporary) in our Saddle Brook, NJ office. Currently, our team is working remotely, and as such, this position will be fully virtual in the interim.
The Support Representative will play a critical role in maintaining correspondence with nonprofits, donors and our site users. The representative will be responsible for inbound and outbound customer service communications (our customers being charities and the generous donors who support their work). In addition the role includes data collection and data entry of charity financial information.
If you are an excellent communicator who has a passion for the nonprofit space, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Charity Navigator will provide a training design to familiarize you with our email system and processes. We will also provide you with a customer service training for correspondence with website users and representatives of charities.
- Once you successfully complete the training program, you’ll be responsible for all customer service inquiries.
- You will be responsible to complete parts of the evaluations of charities.
- We’ll help you understand the Form 990 (an information tax form that helps inform our rating system).
- You will input/validate the necessary information for each charity in the database.
- Other work may include assisting with Analyst Team projects as needed (ie. research, data gathering).
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for the mission of Charity Navigator.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work as a member of a high performing team.
Please note: This is a temporary part time position, expected to last between 14-16 weeks. It is expected for you to be available 15-20 hours per week.
If you resonate with any of the descriptions above, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter to apply!
Charity Navigator is the world’s largest and most-utilized independent charity evaluator. The organization guides informed giving by evaluating the financial health, accountability, and transparency of charities and by providing data about 1.7 million nonprofits, accessed more than 10 million times annually. Charity Navigator does not charge the organizations it evaluates, ensuring unbiased evaluations, nor does it charge the public for this trusted data. As a result, Charity Navigator, a 501(c)(3) public charity itself, depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations that believe it provides a much-needed service to America's charitable givers.
This is a non-exempt, temporary position. Salary is paid on a bi-weekly basis in accordance with Charity Navigator’s standard payroll practices for employees.
Charity Navigator provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.