Only current UM Employees* are eligible.
- Open to all employee types including Temporary Staff and Student Employees.
The Business Services Student Financial Services department invites applications for a Cashier II to join their team. This position is a non-supervisory position, primarily responsible for receiving and data entry of student payments and campus deposits for the University of Montana (UM). The person in this position is expected to provide exceptional customer service and accurate information to students, parents and internal staff regarding tuition and fees, as well as UM and Business Services policies and procedures. This position requires strong communication skills and a positive, professional attitude when dealing with a variety of customers (both internal and external).
The individual assigned to this position is responsible for accurate cash handling, balancing and reconciliation of accounts, processing of student payments, credit card payments and Treasury deposits.
The employee in this position consults, collaborates, and works closely with Student Account Services, Financial Aid, Registrar, Grad School, Office of Student Success, Admissions/Enrollment Services and campus departments in order to meet the needs of students, staff, and faculty. They will ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations in order to conduct business and ensure internal controls for UM.
This position is also responsible for the tracking, processing and delivery of all checks received in Treasury, including, but not all-inclusive, NelNet and MT State Warrant refund checks returned undeliverable, short-term loan checks, private loan checks, and miscellaneous scholarship checks.
- Demonstrated oral, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Practical understanding of basic accounting practices and procedures
- Basic knowledge of proper cash handling policies and procedures
- Basic oral, written, listening and interpersonal communication
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use sound judgment to effectively problem-solve related issues
- Skill in evaluating and analyzing information and situations
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office and Banner with the ability to learn new software as necessary
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma as well as at least two (2) years of related work experience (including cashiering experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About Business Services and UM
To provide financial services responsive to the needs of students, faculty and staff of the University of Montana. We accomplish our mission by wholeheartedly supporting the pursuit of academic excellence by students and faculty. We proactively meet challenges, enhance our services, and achieve productive results.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action: Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- Video: UM Lifestyles
- University Highlights
Position Title: Cashier II
Position Number: NEW
Department: Business Services Student Financial Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references