Position Overview: Reporting directly to the VP of Finance/CFO and the Controller, this position provides administrative support to the Business Office. Additionally, this position provides support to events and activities carried out by the Business Office.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Work effectively with a wide variety of personalities within the University and its constituents.
· Handle confidential information and tasks in a professional and discreet manner.
· Greet the public in person, answer incoming calls and emails, and provide excellent customer service.
· Perform data entry tasks on the computer.
· Execute duties that require presence on several different floors of administrative building, and other parts of campus.
· Maintain record of office staffing daily schedule.
· Accept and record cash receipts from students, faculty, staff, and other University constituents.
· Close cash receipts record, balance cash drawer, and prepare bank deposits for review.
· Enter purchase requisitions for department purchases as needed.
· Enter work requests to Facilities as needed.
· Retrieve mail/packages daily from campus post office.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must have the ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
· Must have the ability to communicate with faculty, staff, students, and others in a professional manner, both verbally and electronically.
· Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Must be a high school graduate or equivalent with knowledge of general office procedures and equipment and basic mathematics.
· Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be flexible, resourceful, and willing to learn.
· Must have valid driver’s license, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Administrative work experience in a financial environment preferred, but not required.
Experience with Ellucian Colleague software preferred, but not required.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF packet. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $9.50 per hour
Hours per week: