Salary $78,131.00 - $94,134.00 Annually
Location Laredo, TX 78040
Job Type Full Time
Division Student Success and Enrollment
Job Number 00091
Department Office of the Associate Dean of Enrollment Services
Closing 10/23/2020 11:59 PM Central
Pay Grade 110
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Dean of Enrollment Services provides leadership in Enrollment Services and all related functional areas of the College including Admissions, Registration Services, Financial Aid, Academic Advising, and Testing/Assessment. This leader will ensure that Laredo College provides a student-centered service to all prospective and current students.
The Associate Dean of Enrollment Services ensures compliance with FERPA regulations, related college policy and procedures, and applicable state and federal laws. This leader will be expected to incorporate higher education and community college best practices into the vision, strategy and practices of the College units that comprise Enrollment Services. Essential duties include:
- Serve as the key leader charged with delivering service excellence and actively contributing to college-wide enrollment, retention, persistence, and completion efforts;
- Delivering integrated enrollment services in a multi-campus environment;
- Plan, develop and administer enrollment services programs and policies;
- Conduct the development and evaluation of staff;
- Coordinate the enrollment services operations and budgets;
- Provide leadership for development and assessment of unit outcomes and guide the Enrollment Services units through institutional effectiveness processes;
- Promote and coordinate communication and teamwork among the Enrollment Services units.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Dean of Enrollment Services:
- Ensures that division and departmental goals and objectives are established and are in harmony with the institutional goals and objectives.
- Serves as the key leader in ensuring that enrollment services functional areas have processes, policies, technology and resources necessary to achieve enrollment and student success goals.
- Maintains knowledge of best practices, new developments and innovative enrollment strategies in community colleges and higher education; recommends changes to maintain relevance of programs and services to meet student and institutional needs.
- Implements and maintains a data tracking and evaluation system to evaluate the progress of students from enrollment to completion.
- Maintains overall responsibility for planning, management and monitoring of Enrollment Services budgets.
- Ensures compliance with all state regulations, federal laws, and Laredo College policies.
- Collaborates across divisions to improve the College’s ability to serve students with intention and excellence.
- Collaborates with college leadership to ensure consistency with marketing and communication.
- Works closely with the Academic Affairs division to ensure effective scheduling and communication of program information.
- Ensures that staff have opportunities for professional growth and advancement and participate in decision making.
- Evaluates division units/departments to help promote institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Evaluates and develops guidelines and procedures consistent with college policies and procedures.
- Creates an environment focused on customer feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manages personnel matters as related to Enrollment Services units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice-President of Student Success and Enrollment.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Master's Degree or be near completion of a Master’s degree within three years of hiring. The Master’s degree must be from an accredited institution of higher education in Leadership, Higher Education Administration, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of four years of full-time progressively responsible leadership experience in directing or assisting to direct Enrollment Services functions such as Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Recruitment, Academic Advising or other closely related functional area.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a graduate degree in Leadership or Higher Education Administration.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated experience in developing Enrollment Services programs and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Associate Dean of Enrollment Services should possess or have familiarity with the following:
- Community college philosophy and the demographics of a typical community college student body.
- Demonstrated broad based administrative work experience within the community college environment.
- Knowledgeable of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) standards, processes, and guidelines as they apply to institutional accreditation.
- Demonstrated good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of admissions, financial aid, records security, student records processing, student information systems and related federal regulations, including FERPA, and Title IV.
- Ability to develop, carry out, explain, and interpret policy.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative enrollment services practices, which are informed by national best practices related to the needs of the community college student.
- Analytical skills, including knowledge of research methods and techniques for conducting statistical analyses.
- Ability to drive change in a complex environment, and to deliver results.
- Ability to maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with internal and external colleagues and constituents.
Supervises the College Registrar, Director of Student Success, Director of Assessment Center, Director of Financial Aid & Veterans Services. Supervised units may change as units are reorganized.
Direct supervision received by Vice President of Student Success and Enrollment and on occasion may receive direction from College President.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.