1. California criminal law and safety codes.
2. Common fire and safety hazards and use of related equipment.
3. Techniques and procedures applicable to theft and loss prevention.
4. Traffic and parking control.
5. Appropriate safety precautions and emergency procedures.
6. Develop a working knowledge of college and district policies and procedures.
7. Deal effectively with diverse campus groups and individuals under routine or adverse conditions.
8. Communicate effectively.
9. Make quick decisions in emergency situations.
10. Memorize details of incidents occurring on campus.
11. Write concise and comprehensive reports.
12. Maintain accurate records.
13. Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices, and possession of a valid, appropriate, and unrestricted California Driver's License.
14. Carry out verbal and written instructions.
15. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
16. Two years of college level course work in disciplines related to assignment.
17. Work experience and education that would provide equivalent qualifications.
18. Applicant is required to produce proof of satisfactory completion of training mandated by SB 1626 (Campus Security Officer Training), OR satisfactorily complete such course of instruction (offered at Criminal Justice Training Center, Golden West College) within 120 days after being hired. Applicants may also be required to possess or obtain initial and continuing certification in Basic First Aid and CPR.
19. Applicant may be required to produce proof of satisfactory completion of the Arrest, Search, and Seizure portion (24 hours of instruction) of the P.C. 832 requirements OR satisfactorily complete such course of instruction (offered at Criminal Justice Training Center, Golden West College) within 120 days after being hired.