Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York (SUNY) welcomes applications for the position of CERTIFIED ATHLETIC TRAINER (part-time). The position reports to the Athletic Director.
The Clinton Community College varsity sports consist of Women’s and Men’s Soccer, Women’s and Men’s Cross Country and Women’s and Men’s Basketball. The season runs from September 2019 through March 2020. The Athletic Trainer would provide athletic training services in accordance with professional practice standards with emphasis placed on prevention, quality health care and recovery.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides home game coverage for six (6) intercollegiate athletic teams and for play-off contest (includes coverage for visiting teams).
- Formulates appropriate clinical impression based on assessment, provides documentation and referral accordingly.
- Minimize injury/illness risk by monitoring environmental conditions, providing conditioning programs and maintaining a safe environment.
- Promote/review concussion protocol with coaches and athletes.
- Trained and knowledgeable regarding to Campus Title IX policies and resources.
- Maintains and stocks travel medical kits.
- Liaison with College Nurse, Coaching Staff, Community Health Care Providers, AD and
- Provides water, ice and cups for all home games; to include visiting and home teams.
- Provide instruction and supervision for student athletes for rehabilitation and exercise programs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field. Previous experience with women’s or men’s varsity programs preferred. Required knowledge and skills equivalent to the completion of a Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) approved program.
How to apply:
Applications and cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references please submit to:
Mr. Kevin Daugherty
136 Clinton Point Drive
Plattsburgh, N.Y. 12901