The Director of Athletics will oversee all aspects of Cayuga Spartan Athletics including eligibility, scheduling, hiring, supervision, facility management and sports information. Build and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This 12-month Faculty, benefit eligible position is located on our Auburn Campus.
- Represent Cayuga Community College on all athletic matters under the purviews of the National Junior College Athletic Association, Title IX and Cayuga’s Faculty Student Association.
- Collaborate with coaches, faculty, Admissions staff, Registrar staff and others to actively recruit student-athletes and support their success academically and in every other way.
- Maintain high standards of performance, accountability, ethics and trust in all interactions.
- Hire and supervise coaches and other staff in ways that build robust intercollegiate and recreational sport programs; ensure that all employees and volunteers associated with Athletics comply with all college policies and requirements.
- Collaborate with Cayuga colleagues and representatives of the City of Auburn to manage facilities and equipment in Spartan Hall and Falcon Park; develop policies and practices conducive to proper use.
- Oversee all logistics and support services associated with athletics including scheduling, contracts, assignment of game officials, athletic training/sports medicine, transportation, meals, lodging, purchasing, uniform and equipment maintenance, etc.
- Develop and manage all Athletic budgets.
- Build and maintain productive connections between Athletics and Physical Education curriculum, faculty and staff.
- Serve on faculty committees and otherwise engage with the broader college community.
- Engage with colleagues across NJCAA Region 3 and beyond to set and achieve common goals across institutions and throughout the athletics community.
- Support and meet the needs of Cayuga Community College and Spartan Athletics in other ways as appropriate.
- Master’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution in an academic discipline taught at the college level.
- Strong commitment to higher education with a deep understanding of the community college mission.
- At least two years of professional experience in college athletics.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and maintain complex schedules, budgets and eligibility records;
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills, especially in contexts that include frequent changes and diverse pressures.
- At least five years of professional experience in college athletics with increasing levels of responsibility and supervisory experience.
- A track record of creative innovation to meet changing needs and difficult situations.
Generous compensation and benefits package includes paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, NYS retirement/ TIAA, employee and dependent tuition waivers and more.
Review of applications will begin September 10th and continue until the position is filled.