Job ID: 42042
PhD, MD or DVM and 0 to 3 years of related experience are required. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EE Salary Minimum $47,476Preferred Qualifications
Candidate should possess competent communication skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere and to work well with colleagues and subordinates.Position Description
Candidate should be a beginning to intermediate professional with the ability to prepare reports or analyses and interpret documents.
"Three Positions Available"
The primary function of this position is the assessment of retinal function in control animals and in animals that have undergone experimental procedures/treatments. There are two goals: (1) understand if there are therapies that can be used to extend/expand retinal function in the diseased eye; (2) understand the role of inhibition in retinal function. This requires the assessment of normal function and comparisons to function in molecularly manipulated animals or during the disease process and after a variety of therapeutic approaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Schedule and coordinate the production and procurement of animals for experimental purposes.
- Procedures required for genotyping animals used in experiments and any needed follow-up experiments.
- Procedures required to assess retinal structure and function in experimental and control animals.
- Analyses of the results of the data collected that assess retinal structure and function.
- Analyses needed to synthesize the data within and across experiments to gain a complete picture of the impact of the results.
- Initiate first drafts of manuscripts and complete edits to the text and figures as needed to produce manuscripts for submission.
- Formulate and discuss new ideas and approaches to contribute to and enhance the intellectual atmosphere in the laboratory.
- Participate in all responsibilities related to the research projects in the laboratory.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.