We are looking for Post-doctoral Research Associate candidates to study protein kinases. The candidate will join an inter-disciplinary Blue Sky initiative on “Seeing the Invisible in Protein Kinases”, which is supported by US$35M in institutional funding by the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The project will extend the ultra-high field NMR spectroscopy and biochemistry approaches developed recently by the Kalodimos lab (Science 2020, 370, eabc2754) to study the human kinome. This is a large-scale project that aims to detect and structurally characterize the distinct conformational states populated by kinases, and to dissect the mechanisms of allosteric regulation and those underpinning oncogenic and drug-resistance mutations. The unparalleled NMR center at St. Jude includes three 600 MHz, two 700 MHz, four 800 MHz, 850 MHz, and the first 1.1 GHz. We expect this initiative to have a profound impact on the field, transforming our understanding of protein kinases.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital offers a remarkable opportunity to perform cutting edge research with outstanding institutional support and exceptional shared core facilities in an environment of open collaboration, educational advancement, and training opportunities. St. Jude is consistently ranked on Fortune Magazine’s and Glassdoor’s “100 Best Places to Work” for companies with 1,000 or more employees. We are located in the heart of Memphis, Tennessee, a vibrant and friendly city at the historic American crossroads of music, trade, food, and culture. Mild winters and beautiful green outdoor spaces are part of the reasons why Forbes recently named Memphis the 4th happiest city in which to work. Cost of living and high quality of life are other attractions; Money magazine listed Memphis as one of the least expensive cities in which to raise a child. St. Jude facilities and salaries are highly competitive.
- Performs tasks related to the research project independently, but within specific guidelines and subject to regular review by supervisor.
- Present original work internally across departments and at internal and external scientific conferences; may author or co-author peer-reviewed scientific papers.
- Provide project update, analysis and advice to cross-functional team and senior management
- Work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer No Search Firms: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.
- PhD degree in relevant scientific area is required
- Independently apply NMR techniques and procedures associated with chemical shift assignment, structure. determination, and dynamics studies with specific guidelines which are subject to review by supervisor and/or other research staff
Not ready to apply? Become a St. Jude Career Insider to stay up-to-date on our opportunities.