Job Posting TitleAthletic Trainer (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (All Campuses/Locations)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under general direction, provides for an effective and efficient program of first aid, emergency care, injury prevention, athletic training and preconditioning for athletes in intercollegiate sports activities.
For a detailed job description for this position click here
● Functions as liaison between physician, coaches, parents, student-athletes and administration.
● Arranges for and assists with pre-season physical examinations for all sports.
● Coordinates physical screenings to detect pre-existing conditions that would limit or prevent participation in intercollegiate athletics.
● Administers emergency care, treats acute, sub-acute and minor chronic disabilities, and/or refers injured student-athlete to physician.
● Evaluates physical condition of injured athletes.
● Advises, develops and implements programs for routine and corrective exercises.
● Provides rehabilitation services for injured student-athletes.
● Uses treatment modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hydrotherapy and therapeutic exercise; and recognizes and manipulates conditions which require special taping, bracing or padding, either preventative or rehabilitative.
● Designs, develops and supervises conditioning and reconditioning/rehab programs.
● May assist in the selection and fitting of protective equipment.
● Arranges transportation as needed for injured athletes.
● Accompanies football team to all contests.
● Serves as host athletic trainer for visiting teams.
● Attends home athletic events when scheduled.
● Maintains and operates the athletic training room.
● Maintains all student-athlete health records and maintains records for all the individual injuries and treatments of injured athletes.
● Prepares and oversees budget for medical and athletic training supplies and equipment.
● May oversee student interns in the Athletic Trainer program.
● Educates student athletes about generally accepted health and safety knowledge.
● Performs related duties as required.
To Be Determined.
Work schedule will vary to meet the needs of the Athletics program.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
Experience: Two years of experience as an athletic trainer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Current Athletic Trainer (ATC) and CPR certificates are required by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education).
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed LRCCD Classified Application (required).
2. Resume/Curriculum Vitae (required).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Current Athletic Trainer (ATC) and CPR certificates are required by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide unofficial transcripts if required in the minimum qualifications for the position.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$24.49 per hour LRCCD Temporary Classified Positions Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
This is an “as needed” pool. When a need arises at any of our locations, this pool of applicants will be sent to the hiring supervisor. Pool requests take place throughout the year.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.