Established in 1926 by Arthur Gulliver in Coconut Grove, Gulliver was likened to the prestigious academies of the northeast and initially attracted families who wintered in Florida. In late 1953, Marian Krutulis purchased the school. A pioneer in education, Mrs. Krutulis envisioned Gulliver as grand home where both students and teachers would feel part of a caring, inspiring family of learners. Over the course of 25 years, she relocated the school to Coral Gables, built an upper school for high school students in Pinecrest and achieved ‘Blue Ribbon School of Excellence’ designation by the US Department of Education. In 2000 Gulliver became a non-profit. Today, Gulliver Preparatory School serves approximately 2,200 students in Grades PK–12 on three campuses. Despite its significant growth over the last 60 years, Gulliver still upholds Marian Krutulis’ vision to maintain the physical and social-emotional health of its students and trains them to become people of integrity in everything they say and do.
The Assistant Athletic Director is responsible for assisting the Athletic Director with the overall administration of the department, with an emphasis on day-to-day operations, coaches’ education, and event management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead game-day operations for home football, basketball, and soccer games.
- Coordinates with Director of Athletics to schedule facility use, including working with Risk Management staff as needed.
- Maintains athletic calendar for practices, contests, and athletic functions.
- Verify contest officials scheduling.
- Coordinates athletic team/department travel.
- Assist Director of Athletics with monitoring academic eligibility quarterly and cumulatively.
- Coordinate logistics for athletic department events as assigned (i.e., NCAA National Letter of Intent Signing Events).
- Develop and facilitate coach’s education programming.
- Educates coaching staff on FHSAA rules and updates.
- Oversee coaches’ completion of certifications – CPR/1st Aid, concussion, etc.
- Assist Director of Athletics with interviewing and selection of potential coaches.
- Assist Director of Athletics with athletic marketing and community relations initiatives (i.e., Blue Zoo, fan engagement, school spirit events).
- Has working knowledge of and ability to utilize various web-based programs for data entry including Veracross, Leagueminder.com, and Arbiter.com as well as Gulliver’s website hosted by Final Site.
- Attends and observes and athletic practices, contests, and events, including some evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel.
- Participates as a member of the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee.
- Serve as Summer Camp Administrator for Athletics.
- Assists with athletic awards nominations and selections.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in athletic administration.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse contingent of student-athletes, parents, staff, and other stakeholders in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail-oriented, highly organized work processes.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Commitment to the holistic development of student-athletes in accordance with Gulliver Schools and Gulliver Athletics mission/vision.
Criminal Background Check, Level II Fingerprint Screening(s), and Drug screen.
Gulliver is deeply committed to the principles of equity and diversity and seeks to create an inclusive community for all faculty and staff. Gulliver is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace.