Head Women's Basketball Coach
General Statement of Function
Directs, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties for Women’s Basketball Program operating under NJCAA and MACCC operating bylaws and regulations. Directs and coordinates all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition, and oversees the planning and fiscal management of program activities.
1. Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training, and competition.
2. Recruits student-athletes in accordance with NJCAA and MACCC rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
3. Directs all aspects, areas and components of sports team.
4. Provides direction and discipline for players.
5. Monitors student athlete’s academic progress.
6. Represents sports program to various institutional programs and externally to students, parents, and the general public.
7. Maintains the facilities and equipment associated with women’s basketball program.
8. Manages daily operations of the women’s basketball program; directs, supervises, and coordinates all administrative facets.
9. Maintain a well working relationship and communication with all Holmes Administration.
10. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree Required.
Master’s degree Preferred.
Two–Five years of coaching and recruiting experience preferred with one year as Head Coach
Equivalent education and experience.
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of basketball.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of NJCAA, NCAA, and NAIA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Ability to lead and guide student-athletes in area of specialty.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, a completed Holmes Community College on-line employment application is required. In order to complete the application process, please be prepared to upload a copy of your official college transcript(s). You will have the opportunity to attach a resume and cover letter if you wish.
In the event you are determined to be the candidate of choice, you will be required to submit official transcripts as part of finalizing your employment status.
Proposed Pay Range/Minimum Salary
Vice President of Goodman Campus/Athletic Director
Holmes Community College
Goodman, MS 39079