Responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Southeastern Community College NJCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program. Assigned duties may include: assisting in recruiting and supervision of student-athletes, assisting in coordinating and supervising practices, assisting in coordinating and facilitating fundraising activities, assisting with travel itineraries and protocols, and assisting with budget oversight and the overall daily operations of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program.
Residence Advisor responsibilities include but are not limited to: supervision and management of assigned residence hall and/or one floor of a residence hall, assist in conflict resolution of any student-housing conflicts, facilitate and encourage a cooperative and considerate group living environment, operational and behavioral management of the residence facility and residents therein. These are twelve-month live in positions.
Compensation for this position includes an annual wage stipend of $18,000, fully-paid room and board and is also eligible for pro-rated benefits under the SCC Benefits Plan.
The assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach/Resident Advisor will abide by the employment contract and relevant policies and guidelines of the Board of Trustees.
Essential Duties Summary
Coaching responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Responsible for assisting the head coach in meeting Track and Field team roster quota as directed by athletic director.
- Work within the SCC Athletic Department to develop and maintain a successful Track and Field program.
- Assist with the coordination of practices, recruitment, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting of student-athletes (academically and behaviorally).
- Work cooperatively with area individuals and organizations to develop and sustain a fundraising and support organization for the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program.
- Supervise SCC student athletes during practices, games, travel, and in general, throughout their entire experience at SCC.
- Serve on college committees as directed. (i.e. enrollment and recruitment committees focused on new enrollment via international students)
- With the help and input from Enrollment Services, assist in the coordination of outreach and recruiting activities for athletic teams (e.g. meet and greets, athletic visit days, high school recruitment outreach via SCC student-athletes, etc.).
- Assist in the Coordination of programming with local track clubs and community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Physical Education, Sports Management, or Sports Science preferred.
- College Track and Field participation preferred.
- Experience as an athlete or recruiter with international recruitment/placement agencies.
- Prior experience coaching Track and Field preferred, with preference given to coaching collegiate athletes.
- Knowledge of computer software applications specifically Microsoft Office programs; ability to learn and develop competency in SCC’s administrative software (Ellucian).
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) required.
- Ability to coordinate the Track and Field program to effectively prepare for SCC meets/or public appearances.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with diverse populations including but not limited to: SCC students/athletes, parents, local and regional high school staff, community members, media, and employees.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with all SCC employees, and to assist the athletic and student services departments in general as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities in order to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to handle confidential matters with discretion required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach must have the ability to actively promote a positive image for the college district.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coach/Resident Advisor must have the ability and mobility to serve a rural service area; travel required. Must be able to work on a basis of “available as work demands” in addition to a fixed schedule.
Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with all SCC employees, and to assist the athletic and student services departments in general as needed.
EEO Statement Summary
It is the policy of Southeastern Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, employment, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
Individuals having questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy should contact Tina Young, Title IX / Equity Coordinator, Southeastern Community College, 1500 W. Agency Road, West Burlington, IA 52655, email email@example.com, phone number 319/208-5101, fax 319/208-5005 or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants