Please go to www.voteriders.org and follow application directions to apply! Notifications through Indeed without all materials requested cannot be acknowledged or considered. Applications with all requested materials, which discuss your relation and experience to VoteRiders' mission, can be considered. Thank you!
VoteRiders Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director
VoteRiders is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit, focused on Voter ID education and assistance in order to preserve and strengthen our democracy. The organization’s work raises awareness of voter ID laws and VoteRiders’ services. Its programs identify, educate and help voters in need of voter ID assistance. VoteRiders’ goal is to infuse and optimize the industry standard of how democracy, campaign, government, direct service provider, and community organizations handle the issue of voter ID education and assistance. This is a full-time permanent position and can be based anywhere in the continental United States. The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director (CEO) reports to VoteRiders’ Chair of the Board. The CEO will have up to six direct reports.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
VoteRiders is seeking to hire a CEO to continue building and increasing the organization’s impact. The CEO will manage all aspects of the organization’s operations, especially development, communications, and outreach. This individual will work closely with the Chair of the Board to design, manage and carry out the VoteRiders strategic plan. A key focus of the CEO’s role will be to expand and foster productive relationships with existing and new partner and collaborating organizations and their leadership, staff and volunteers, so that they will offer information and assistance with voter ID to their constituents. These organizations will be encouraged to use VoteRiders’ tools and services and to continue the important work of educating and helping voters.
- Oversight – Executing the VoteRiders strategic plan including working with staff, voters, organizations, donors, volunteers, and the media;
- Overseeing and taking responsibility for fundraising, including the development and strategic planning for fundraising goals and campaigns
- Actively engaging in fundraising and closings;
- Working closely with the Communications Director to provide strategic input regarding the execution of communication plans across all channels including email, traditional and social media, website, fundraising and other events along with other outreach opportunities;
- Budget – Working closely with the Chair of the Board to develop, oversee, and fine-tune the budget;
- Partner with collaborating organizations – Fostering relationships with local nonprofit and for-profit organizations so that they will actively inform, assist and/or refer their constituents, members or customers to VoteRiders regarding their voter ID issues; this process includes encouraging partners to utilize VoteRiders’ tools and services (such as VoteRiders’ Voter ID Information Cards, Chatbot, Helpline, Photocopy My ID, and Voter ID Clinics);
- Overseeing and optimizing VoteRiders’ tracking system including feedback from partner organizations such as numbers, dates and locations of people informed about voter ID, status of those assisted with their voter ID, individual voter stories;
- Collaborating with partner organizations and coalitions to optimize their value proposition through implementing voter ID outreach, in-person as well as via their website, social media, e-blasts, announcements, flyers, media interviews, etc.;
- Working with VoteRiders’ Operations Manager to ensure HR and operations needs are successfully met, including payroll, insurance including workers’ comp, resolving any legal questions, expense reimbursements, performance review process, employee handbook review process, as well as hiring process and onboarding process.
IDEAL PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
The CEO must be committed to the essential need for and benefit of VoteRiders and be driven by its mission. The ideal person will have key expertise in management and development. This individual will be someone who is effective at networking with donors (individuals, companies, and foundations) and meeting budget goals. Community organizing experience is essential. This individual should have a background of working within the political arena combined with experience at another not-for-profit organization. The CEO must exhibit the skills to collaborate with, and achieve actionable results through, others including the media, as well as the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships among and within all levels of organizations.
ADDITIONAL TRAITS AND EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
- Proven track record of exceeding goals; consistently makes good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment;
- A big picture perspective; ability to think strategically; anticipates future consequences and trends and incorporates them into an action plan;
- Solutions-oriented; possesses a passion for organization and project management; an effective multi-tasker; easily balances competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines;
- Ability to develop top-notch processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly;
- Exceptional collaboration skills; able to create relationships of trust;
- An inspirational leader; outstanding delegating and empowering skills;
- Hands-on and proven willingness to roll-up their own sleeves to get the job done; a can-do attitude;
- Strong work ethic, integrity;
- Must have an undergraduate degree; a law degree is preferred.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
VoteRiders is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, founded in April 2012, whose mission is to ensure that all citizens are able to exercise their right to vote. VoteRiders informs and helps citizens to secure their voter ID, including by securing required underlying documents, as well as inspires and supports (currently over 700) organizations, (currently almost 5,400) volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter addressing this organization and its mission; and contact information as well as current or former working relationships for at least three references (references are separately held with recruiter until you are interviewed and notified). As a separate attachment from other materials, please include any salary range requirements or expectations, to be held with the recruiter – and also include where you saw the job post.
Send all materials in order to be considered. Application instructions on VoteRiders' website.
Include your last name and “Chief Executive Officer” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are limited in our ability to respond to applicants with incomplete materials. Thank you for your understanding.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
VoteRiders is committed to diversity among its staff. VoteRiders is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at VoteRiders are based on our mission and program needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected basis. VoteRiders will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Fundraising: 2 years (Required)
- senior management: 3 years (Required)