Selects, recruits, and monitors student-athletes for their respective sport. Promotes sportsmanship, team play, and a commitment to academics while directing their team. Follows the rules and guidelines in accordance with the NJCAA and MCCAA.
1. Evaluates pre-season equipment and uniform needs
2. Recruits prospective student athletes
3. Schedules non-conference games with the approval of the Athletic Director
4. Supervises Assistant and student athletes
5. Monitors study tables, reviews academic progress reports, fosters sportsmanship
6. Manages equipment and the proper use of equipment
7. Completes year-end inventory of all equipment, supplies, and uniforms
8. Coordination of practices and trips
9. Abides by all standards, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA and MCCAA
10. Enters correct statistics into the NJCAA in a timely manner and follows all deadlines
11. Ensures Athletic Department knows of all ejections or any reprimands that occur at any/all events
12. Conforms to the administrative policies of the College and the Athletic Department
13. Aids in the setting up and field/court preparation of home events
14. Ensures all assistants, student athletes, and managers foster a positive image for the College and Athletic Department
15. Keeps a positive relationship with all media outlets and submits scores to appropriate outlets after games
16. Ensures scores are given to the Athletic Department within an hour after the game along with a blurb to enable the staff to update the website.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, performs all coaching duties outlined.
Associates degree required in appropriate area of specialization and 4-5 years professional experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts required upon hire.
Part time employees are not employed directly by Lake Michigan College with a few exceptions based on MSPERS retirement program. All others are employed thru EDUStaff, LLC. If you are selected for one of these roles, you will be required to complete EDUStaffs employment application and on-boarding processes.
Open Date: 05/12/2021
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3597
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses -two of which are located ten minutes from our namesakes breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our regions future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the colleges facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMCs main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet its less than a half-days drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.