Senior Vice President - Foundation
Physical Location of Position (City)
Responsibilities: The Senior Vice-President (SVP), leads the development effort under the direction of the President/CEO of the NSU Foundation (NSUF). The SVP also works closely with the NSU Director of Athletics and Deans of the College of Arts and Sciences, Millicent Atkins School of Education, School of Business and School of Fine Arts.
The SVP is responsible for managing principal and leadership level fundraising activities to raise private support and provide leadership for the NSUF.
Expectation of Workload:
- Develop and grow donor base of alumni and friends with a focus on those capable of giving $10,000 or more.
- Work with the President/CEO to design a major gift strategy aimed at increasing the overall dollars raised in the year-over-year.
- Build and manage a fundraising portfolio of 100-150 donors and prospective donors with a focus on those capable of six-figure or greater commitments:
o Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors.
o Develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies for prospects.
- Create and execute a plan for each donor in the portfolio so that individuals and institutional supporters are retained and upgraded.
- Plan and attend events strategically designed to cultivate new prospective donors or steward existing donors.
- Work with Prospect Research to identify, research and qualify prospective major gift donors.
- Utilize the NSUF database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving and strategies for donor engagement and solicitation.
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to the job responsibilities.
First Consideration Date
Duration of the Term
If Other, describe duration
Typical Hours Worked Per Week
Scope of Search
External (includes Internal)
If internal, define scope of search
This position requires
Travel, Overnight stays, Valid Drivers License
If other, please indicate
Department Description and Cultural Expectations
Bachelor’s degree, masters preferred. Minimum of five years of full-time progressive, professional experience in fund raising/development with a proven record of success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding special or major gifts, preferably in a university/higher education environment.
Affirmative Action Statement
Northern State University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Northern State University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At NSU, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
Notice to all applicants: If you are selected as a finalist, job references and a background check may be conducted.