The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
PHI is currently recruiting an Administrative Assistant IV for a program focused on the COVID-19 and vaccine responses in communities disproportionally impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic in California. The Administrative Assistant IV works with the Deputy Director and Program Manager to provide administrative support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops correspondences.
- Serves as a liaison between the program management team and subcontractors.
- Organizes and maintains an electronic filing system.
- Coordinates schedule for the Deputy Director and Program Manager.
- In conjunction with the Data Coordinator, compiles data and develops reports for Senior Management and other stakeholders.
- Prepares budgetary and financial reports using spreadsheet and PeopleSoft application.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings by preparing the agendas and providing logistical support.
- Records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years or more experience providing administrative support to a high-level management team.
- An associate’s degree or 2 years of college experience is required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Independent and cooperative worker.
- Excellent working relationships with individuals, professional groups and communities.
- This is a five-month time-limited position, which requires working about 26 hours/week (65% FTE) with a possibility of extension depending on funding availability.
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at Recruitment@phi.org.