Job Posting TitleStudent Personnel Assistant - Counseling (Temporary)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, serves as a staff assistant, providing student personnel services and information on college programs. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
• Orients students with student/counseling services and programs.
• Serves as a resource person to students and staff, individually or in groups.
• Assists students in developing their educational and vocational objectives.
• Maintains records and forms used.
• Performs general office duties.
• Maintains confidentiality of information and materials.
• Interprets program regulations or benefit requirements and assists students in obtaining needed supportive services.
• Answers routine questions regarding program requirements.
• Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to assist students in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
• Collects and evaluates information about students’ abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, using records, tests, and interviews.
• Conducts follow-up interviews with students.
• Maintains case records as required.
• Prepares and updates lists of information, periodic reports, and resources.
• Serves as resource person for students on probation/dismissal process.
• Analyzes and interprets transcripts in response to inquiries.
• Implements changes.
• Maintains confidential dismissal records.
• Inputs and removes applied holds.
• Confers with deans, counseling staff and other departments regarding processing of probations/dismissals.
• Oversees student aides.
• Assists with advertising the student/counseling service programs through bulletin announcements, newsletters, display racks and other visual displays.
• Assists with the development of the master calendar of student/counseling services events as assigned.
• Orders, reviews, catalogs, inventories, and maintains materials and the website.
• Assists students by providing information on educational programs.
• Attends appropriate conferences, workshops and staff meetings as assigned.
• Performs related duties as required.
To be determined.
NOTE: Short-term temporary employees shall not be employed for more than 135 days, or 960 hours, whichever is reached first, in any fiscal year.
Total Hrs per Week/DayTo be determined.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in a LRCCD student support services position, or similar position with related duties..
EDUCATION: Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units). NOTE: An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work indicating degree completion or conferral date (required).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$17.10 per hour LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.