West Virginia Northern is seeking applicants for a full-time, Program Coordinator - Economic and Workforce Development.
This position is an on-campus position based in Wheeling, WV.
Plans and coordinates the activities and functions of the Economic and Workforce Development Division at West Virginia Northern Community College. Responsibilities include leading Community Education programs, coordinating personal enrichment education programs, supporting the Testing Center, and providing other program support to the department's key functions.
Work is accomplished with limited direction but is evaluated to make sure objectives have been met. Provides resolution to an assortments of problems that are typically well defined, but some clarification or judgment is required to determine action. Individual has frequent contact with internal and external constituents.
Internal Job Posting
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Primary point-person in the development of Community Education programs:
- Work with instructors of various community education programs to create a yearly schedule of classes on all campuses.
- Responsible for scheduling, promoting, marketing, and enrolling students in these classes.
- Designs and develops presentations, written information and other resource materials concerning available community services and programs.
- Meets with community members, business leaders and external agencies to solicit their participation and interest in education programs.
- Coordinate contracted training and Continuing and Community Education in partnership with the Manager of Continuing and Community Education, and the Executive Director of Business and Corporate Services:
- Share responsibilities with Program Manager of Continuing and Community Education and other department staff for course scheduling, contract preparations, faculty/instructor assignments, payroll authorizations, room scheduling, maintaining and updating course catalogs, course descriptions and other related items.
- Work with the Business Office, Registrar, Financial Aid, and the Human Resources offices as necessary for invoices and payments, related to training or education courses.
- Work with each Manager of Campus operations with set up of continuing/community education courses for each campus, including course set-up, faculty/instructor assignments, contracts, payment authorizations, etc.
- Provide logistical support for contracted training working directly with employers/customers and vendors.
- Assist with contract preparation, cost analysis, invoice preparation and registration, including employer on-site, as required.
- Work closely with the department staff, Business Office and Institutional Research office for all aspects of invoicing, registrations, record keeping for contracted training, Continuing Education and Community Education.
- Provide program support for the Vice President of Economic and Workforce Development, staff and faculty/instructors within the Economic and Workforce Development department including the SBDC:
- Serve as primary point of contact for workforce participants, client business and agencies for all economic and workforce development programs, providing information, referrals, appointment scheduling or follow-up as needed for the Vice President and other area staff.
- Maintain the Economic and Workforce Development section of the WVNCC website, plus all sub-pages for each area.
- Assist with financial operations of the department including
- Primary credit card holder for department
- Maintain and reconcile purchasing card transactions for department
- Monitor budgets
- Arrange for and coordinate travel arrangements
- Make necessary authorized department purchases
- Properly handle all incoming and outgoing department correspondence and mail, preparing and drafting correspondence for signature, preparing reports, scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, providing assistance with the budgeting and financial records for the departments and special grant projects, preparing and monitoring contracted instruction and workforce training contracts, assist with proformas for workforce training, work closely with the Business office on invoices for training, maintaining files and coordinating office operations.
- Provide support and assistance for the ongoing operations of the test center:
- Assist with testing center protocol and proctoring.
- Check admittance documents of each tester and ensure prohibited items are not taken into testing room.
- Direct examinees to assigned seating, review rules for testing, and administer exams.
- Distribute and collect all testing materials, accounting for all items.
- Observe examinees and maintain quiet atmosphere suitable for testing.
- Complete pertinent forms and maintain confidentiality and security of all examinees, materials, logs, and any other test documents at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: Education:
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Education, Higher Education, Social Services, Organizational Leadership, or other related degree, preferred.
- Associate’s degree, or vocational or technical school degree Business Administration, Education, Higher Education, Social Services, Organizational Leadership, or other related degree, required.
1 year +
Applicable and relatable work experience in an office setting: scheduling, higher education, administrative, customer service, correspondence, client-facing contact, etc.
1 year +
MS Office including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
Minimum 6 months
Database / Data systems software including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, order/inventory tracking software, Human Resource Information systems, etc.
Minimum 6 months
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; Additional Information:
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Webpage creation and maintenance and HTML. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships