CEO - Alternative Investment Fund Manager
Brightwater Executive has been retained exclusively to appoint a Chief Executive Officer for a leading global alternative investment fund manager, with over $300 Billion in capital allocations. This is a unique time to join their Dublin team. As CEO you will lead various functional teams across their alternative asset classes and be a key business sponsor for a portfolio of projects, in tandem with overseeing delegated and outsourced activities and related corporate and fund governance duties.
To excel in this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, have excellent people and project management skills, be a strong culture carrier, championing a positive, entrepreneurial and progressive - “can do” culture. Be hands-on and detail-oriented in problem solving and equally be highly adept in presenting to board and other internal and external stakeholders.
Ensure continual improvement of business services by reviewing current processes and structures to ensure best practice is applied and that standards, efficiency, and effectiveness within each department are maximised using available resources.
- Be the main business liaison person for the Central Bank of Ireland and external board members (of AIFM and Funds)
- Lead out the AIFM in Dublin with a team of 50 plus.
- Report into the European Chief Operations Officer, ensuring sound oversight of both the Investment Management function as well as the day to day running of the Dublin AIFM
- Support the Group in achieving the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure adherence to the legal, regulatory and governance frameworks including PCF 8 responsibilities and overall responsibility for PoA
- Oversee the management and oversight of all Company Delegates
- Chair local management committee.
- Overall HR responsibilities for Dublin office and also ensuring the company’s business continuity program and disaster recovery plans are fit for purpose for the Company and the core service providers.
- Maintain strong communications with relevant stakeholders including development of KPIs and reporting against same
- Be a key escalation point for issues arising in daily business.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement and strong collaboration across Dublin and other regional hubs.
- Lead and mentor team members and develop collective team goals.
- Responsible for finance and banking relationships for Dublin and plan, coordinate and execute the Dublin office budget process.
- Oversight of the Company’s policies and procedures including items such as the capital and liquidity management policy thereby ensuring the liquidity profile of each sub-fund complies with its underlying obligations.
- Working with cross divisional peers in Group, to ensure any new clients are on-boarded effectively and that adequate oversight and control is performed throughout the client journey.
Ideal CEO Candidate Profile:
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience with a least 5 years operating at a senior management / board level ideally either via an AIFM Management Company or a MiFID Investment firm or a UCITS Management Company.
- Exceptional knowledge of Investment and Fund Management Industry with experience in Private Markets preferred
- Currently or previously approved by CBI in PCF role(s) and proven ability in forming strong and transparent relations with regulatory bodies.
- Proven leader with the ability to lead and manage multiple projects in parallel.
- C-suite experience with proven strategic mindset and natural influencer and leader.
- An innate ability to prioritise work effectively and delegate smartly when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience of operating in rapidly growing/changing environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, very good understanding of use of technology
- In depth knowledge of AIFMD with a proactive approach to evolving regulatory directives and framework changes. In particular, responsible for driving how specific regulatory changes get implemented for their specific business model.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with additional professional qualifications / postgraduate degree would be advantageous
Brightwater Executive has been retained exclusively by our client. For a confidential discussion regarding this Dublin based AIFM - CEO appointment, please reach out directly to Estelle Davis, Managing Partner