An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities as determined by the supervisor:
1. Plan, organizes, and instructs courses as assigned by the Department Chairperson/supervisor, utilizing effective and engaging instructional strategies, the learning management system (LMS), appropriate communication, classroom management, leadership skills, and instructional/educational technology to promote student success.
2. Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students’ diverse academic needs.
3. Follows the prescribed course outline and uses texts selected by the department plus other supplemental material the Department Chairperson deems appropriate.
4. Provides instruction according to the class meeting schedule and instructional hours established for the session (length of the course during the semester) and delivery method (face-to-face, hybrid, web-enhanced, or online). Notifies the Department Chairperson of the necessity of cancelling any class meeting prior to the class or in emergencies as soon thereafter as possible.
5. Assists students toward the successful completion of course(s) that the instructor is teaching by providing outreach, guidance, and timely feedback.
6. Makes oneself accessible and available to answer students’ questions in a timely manner.
7. Adheres to College policies and procedures relating to employment, academic matters, student behavior, and the Academic Calendar. Maintains adequate and timely student records (e.g. grades are posted in the LMS in a timely fashion). Evaluates and reports students’ progress and attendance in a timely manner.
8. Encourages students’ completion of the course evaluation form, reviews course evaluation summaries and develops a plan for improvement, as appropriate.
9. Attends and participates in various College meetings for the purpose of orientation, professional development or other departmental or operational activity as assigned.
10. Performs other related duties as required.