Position Type Non-Teaching Academic Staff Appointment Type Fixed Renewable, Non-Teaching FLSA Status Exempt Percent 100 Posting Type Staff Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
The College of Letters and Science at UW-Milwaukee has more than 1200 faculty, academic staff, and University employees in 25 academic departments and a variety of centers, facilities, administrative units, and interdepartmental academic programs. The largest of UWM’s schools and colleges, the College of Letters & Science is home to a diverse array of courses in the humanities, natural sciences, and the social sciences.
This position will function as the College Budget Manager and as the budget and policy analyst for all departments and funding sources for the College of Letters and Science of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Functions as lead on the annual and biennial budget development and assists in forecasting as needed. Assists in budget review and develop new policies.
Other duties include grant fund analysis and working with other UWM entities on financial matters affecting the College.
This position will be hired at either the non-prefix or Sr. level; level and salary will depend on experience and ability.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a combination of accounting and budgeting
- Experience with financial management and reporting systems
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Minimum of six (6) years of university, government, or large business financial operations (fund accounting experience preferred)
- Related experience within the UW System or a higher education setting
- Experience with payroll processing and review
- Creative problem-solving skills
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter and resume that addresses the professional level work experience as it relates to all required and preferred qualifications, and a list of contact information for three professional references.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets any of the qualifications, she/he will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications
Application Deadline 04/24/2021