- The Manager for Nutrition Services plans, organizes, develops, and directs the overall operation of the department Food and Nutrition (dietary) department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Is the primary role model; and coaches, empowers and assists the staff in professional growth and fulfillment of the mission, vision and values of the organization. Collaborates with relevant stakeholders in planning and decision-making that affects the department. Serves as primary Dietitian for in-patient and out-patients.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in nutrition, foods, or related field and has passed the national registration exam. Master’s degree in nutrition, business or related field desirable.
- License/Certifications: Maine Licensed
- Experience: One to two years demonstrated leadership competence or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Has completed a program approved by the American Dietetic Association
- Ability to mentor and empower staff; to set the climate on each shift for cooperation and teamwork
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a firm understanding of leadership role; skilled change agent
- Effective communicator with the ability to create strong partnerships; serves as a role model through professional behavior and open, direct communication
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.