Job TitleCoordinator/Instructor - PC Network Technician (PCNT)
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience
DepartmentNW Computer Science
The Coordinator/Instructor position coordinates the PC Network Technician (PCNT) industry certification program and develops additional industry certification programs. This position also facilitates students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate College resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process and provides instruction. The Coordinator/Instructor reports to the Computer Science Information Technology department chair and the Mathematics and Sciences Divisional Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruits students and provides them with program information
• Works with community partners, the TCC Foundation and other agencies to obtain tuition assistance for students in need
• Works with TCC Career and Employment Service to promote program and help students find jobs in PCNT.
• Interviews, recommends for hire and assists in evaluating adjunct faculty and staff members
• Verifies that instructors who are currently teaching have certifications required by the program
• Works with the Program Advisory Committee
o Recruits industry professionals to serve on the advisory committee,
o Schedules and organizes advisory committee meetings
o Provides support to the industry chair of the committee
o Designates a note taker for all advisory meetings, compiles minutes in the required THECB format, and posts minutes to the designated shared site.
• Coordinates labs by scheduling class and lab times, monitoring and ordering supplies for the lab
• Creates, coordinates, and maintains internship sites while maintain positive relationships with business, industry and community partners.
• Creates and maintains an alumnus tracking system.
• Evaluates program effectiveness based on percentages of students earning industry certifications and retention of students to complete the entire certification series
• Aligns PCNT program certificates with TCC undergraduate certificates and degrees
• Provides data for THECB required reports.
• Explores, documents, and recommends new opportunities to provide additional industrial certifications within the department
• Meeting regularly with Computer Science Information Technology department chair or dean to provide program updates.
• Develops, maintains, and complies curricula that meets THECB regulations and TCC standards and policies
• Instructs and engages students in multiple class formats such as face to face, hybrid, or online
• Provides meaning full feedback to students
• Documents grades and attendance promptly and regularly
• Builds professional relationships with students, colleagues and administrators
• Organizes and maintains equipment used by students during class time
• Collaborates with early college high school and workforce dual credit programs
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely-related field from a regionally accredited college or university
• CompTIA A+, Network +, or related certification
• Five (5) years of experience in computer hardware, networking or related field
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• CompTIA Security Plus certification
• CompTIA Cybersecurity Core certifications
• Experience working with adult students
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.