This position coordinates scientific, educational, communication, promotional, and other programmatic activities for AACR-Minorities in Cancer Research (MICR), AACR-Women in Cancer Research (WICR), and undergraduate and high school programs and activities via the AACR Science Education and Career Advancement Committee.
- Supports initiatives of the Minorities in Cancer Research Council, Women in Cancer Research Council, and AACR Science Education Committee and their various subcommittees.
- Works closely with the Director, Senior Manager, and leadership of the Councils/Committees to develop programs and services relative to each group’s mission.
- Schedules meetings and conference calls, sets agendas in consultation with leaderships, produces meeting materials, creates PowerPoint presentations, and drafts meeting reports and minutes.
- Writes copy or marketing pieces (print and electronic) and prepares scripts.
- Utilizes membership database to obtain and track membership and demographic data and produces monthly reports.
- Assists with administering at least four award programs including, marketing (direct mail, e-marketing, print), application submission and selection process, tracking, and program evaluation.
- Attends AACR and industry conferences to market programs, recruit students and faculty, and promote AACR membership, awards, and other opportunities (as appropriate), often working extended hours.
- Interacts and works cross functionally with various other departments within AACR to ensure the representation and inclusion of minority cancer researchers, women cancer researchers, and high school and undergraduate students pursuing careers in cancer research.
- Supports and develops content for relevant web pages on the AACR website, electronic newsletters, and other internal and external public relations and marketing communications.
- Produces reports, track trends, and collects data relevant to constituency groups.
- Maintains accurate files and archival records.
- Performs other essential tasks and duties required of the position in order to support the Senior Manager as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Highly efficient, well organized, with the ability to manage vast amounts of information and paperwork.
- High level of accuracy in the performance of tasks and functions.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines, manage and follow-through on multiple tasks, and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office products and other software programs.
- Experience using databases
How To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume (including salary expectations).