Union/Non UnionNon Union
Full Time or Part TimeFull Time
Hiring Salary RangeSalary commensurate with experience
Regular or TemporaryRegular
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision with some independent judgment performs highly technical duties in the College’s Office of Finance, which includes the following: provides leadership and management of Financial Services operations including the Bursar’s Office and General Ledger accounting functions, establishes and maintains written accounting policies, procedures, and forms necessary to maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, reviews financial reports for consistency, accuracy, accountability, and timeliness, supervise and evaluate all staff under direct supervision.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. CPA preferred.
- Three years of experience in higher education administration or three years of experience auditing higher education institutions.
- Minimum three years management experience in general ledger accounting operations.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Knowledge and expertise in accounting and financial management operations through participation in professional organizations
- Knowledge and expertise in Colleague and ERP system functionality
- Maintains positive working relationships with the college community and external financial reporting agencies
- Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as, in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a diverse group of professionals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience with an integrated financial data system, preferably one year with Colleague
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Is Background Check Required?Yes
Open Until FilledYes
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications received by February 8, 2021, will receive first consideration.