Housing Specialist – Central Office Operations
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position supports the IMPACT and Senior IMPACT programs.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located at our Central office in the Mission Bay/Linda Vista area, our Housing Department provides property management services and support to the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) programs. These programs provide intensive, community-based housing and case management services for homeless and at-risk homeless adult and older adults throughout San Diego County.
Typical Duties of the Housing Specialist
This position provides support to the Housing Department and will be responsible for supporting the IMPACT and Senior IMPACT program's administration of the Section 8 Voucher program.
- Assist with gathering required program documentation from clients and landlords.
- Work with landlords to complete Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) documentation, lease agreements, W-9 forms and coordinate with the accounting department for payment disbursement.
- Assist in the marketing of housing program services, location of Section 8 apartments in the community for program use, and landlord problem-solving.
- Report housing concerns and complaints received from clients, staff, and landlords to the Director of Housing
- Assist with back-up field assignments and other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with property management background
- Previous experience working with Section 8 tenants and properties strongly preferred
- Previous experience with Housing Assistance Payment program preferred
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant law, Section 2 rules desirable
- Ability to advocate for and assist with marketing of housing program services to the business community
- Strong customer service and phone etiquette; ability to develop rapport and interface with clients and family members is integral to this position
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once; strong organization and time management skills are critical
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to conduct research on the Internet required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business to conduct housing-related appointments, errands, and deliveries in San Diego County
- Must be able to pass background/criminal clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer