Manage and supervise the day to day operations of the department to include: assist department chair and 15 faculty members with their courses, maintain and reconcile departmental budgets, purchasing and maintenance of equipment, work with student workers, manage the office duties of faxing, filing, phone messages and greeting guests upon entering the building, manage room reservations for lecture hall and presentations and events with patients, and serve as back-up for records secretary for clinical year students. Coordinate new affiliations agreements with community partners and Marquette’s Office of General Counsel, interface and communicate with health organizations and their representatives as needed. Provide support for clinical side to maintain communication and documentation with existing clinical sites ensuring all legal agreements are updated and proper student training is arranged. Manages student course scheduling week by week in conjunction with faculty and outreach clinics, lab coordinators, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide assistance and support to faculty and department chair including but not limited to managing daily office operations and support (shared calendars, phone, mail, deliveries, visitors, and assisting with activities, faculty meeting minutes and events). Communicates daily with students, faculty, staff, preceptors, the health care industry, and University personnel and manage C-Cure system for department. Assists faculty with SharePoint, D2L, and Respondus software.
2. Manage department operating budget including but not limited to creating all POs and internal management of operating funds, reconcile PCard charges, reconcile department operating detail transactions, student agency and grant accounts. Attends Finance Partners meetings as directed (monthly).
3. Assists scheduling of all return to campus events (OSCEs) including but not limited to managing adjunct scheduling with applicable faculty for event/teaching help, compiling contracted adjuncts payment hours for Program Director and Business Director, create speaker contracts and process MARQetplace setups/payments for part time adjuncts, guest lecturers and standardized patients, track Guest Lecturer and Adjunct schedules and finances for Program Director.
4. Prepare schedule of classes (SOC, CLLS, 25 LIVE) for all didactic and clinical PHAS courses.
5. Assist students with student MUSA events, account payable and receivable for graduation, certification courses, and other social functions and fundraisers. Reconcile Student MUSA accounts.
6. Assists with entering student information into Health Care organizational databases as needed and serves as back-up for student records for clinical year students, ensure students are all properly registered for courses each semester.
7. Various PA Program projects (setting up SIM lab equipment, etc.)
8. Training of other office staff, student workers
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School graduate
- Three years related experience required, academic setting or health care experience/environment preferred.
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize the office, chair, and faculty’s day to day needs in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of university requirements, rules, and protocol
- Superior communication skills and ability to interact with faculty, students, prospective students, parents, external professional organizations, clinical and community partners and other university departments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and problems in an efficient manner to include strong networking skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to accurately maintain excel spreadsheets as requested.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate’s or higher degree preferred
- Preferable knowledge of academic institutions and educational programming
- Preferable knowledge of the health care systems and physician assistants
- Medical Terminology
Department Physician Assistant Posting Date 01/13/2021 Closing Date Special Instructions to Applicants
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application