Position TitleBroadcasting Pledge Coordinator
Division/DepartmentInstitutional Advancement Department
Full-time, Pay grade 3 (Starting hourly salary $15.37 – $17.05: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience)
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for TV and radio thank you gift management. This involves researching station/program gifts which are offered as a thank you for financial donors. These will be used during the on-air fundraising pledge drives and will be offered online for donors. Contact and schedule all external, non-staff volunteers to appear on-air for TV and radio fund drives. Plan all TV and radio on-air membership drives. Work with TV Programming, Radio Programming and Production staff to implement on-air fundraising. Write materials for TV and radio, stressing messages from both PBS and NPR, including monthly renewal letters and scripts for telemarketing vendor phone calling. Assist in the process of reconciling contributions, checking database integrity, and month end processing.
- Associate degree or equivalent knowledge and skills.
- One to three years of related work experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency in database software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills which would assist in tracking donor contributions.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and remain customer service focused. Able to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment with numerous activities occurring simultaneously.
Additional Experiences Considered
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- Prior experience working in a non-profit environment
- Prior experience with financial deposits
- Experience with databases (i.e. Blackbaud Raisers Edge software)
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses. Pre-employment testing during the interview process will be required.