The Administrative Secretary is responsible for the development, maintenance, and storage of all student admissions records and documents in accordance with College policies and procedures. The Administrative Secretary is also responsible for conducting a variety of administrative and clerical duties that are necessary for the efficient operation of the Atmore campus as directed by the Campus Director. At a minimum, these responsibilities include scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining files, answering the telephone, preparing reports, preparing correspondence, conducting research, and providing general assistance to the professional staff. The Administrative Secretary is responsible for performing general clerical duties to support the Campus Director.
At a minimum, the essential functions of the Administrative Secretary shall include:
- Serving as receptionist in the Atmore Office.
- Advising prospective students of administrative requirements for acceptance at Coastal Alabama Community College, reviewing applications, and forwarding to Admission's Office.
- Providing information on programs and courses to prospective students, responding to all inquiries with appropriate information and materials.
- Providing directional information to students and visitors.
- Receiving and forwarding incoming telephone calls to the proper departments and/or answering with appropriate information.
- Collecting, processing on computer, and receipting tuition, parking decals, and other fees and fines.
- Receiving and acknowledging receipt of admissions applications, high school transcripts, college transient letters, college transcripts, and dual enrollment forms. Acknowledging all inquiries, keeping applicants informed of their current status in the admissions process.
- Entering admissions data in the computer. Printing missing admissions data reports and working with other campuses and centers to help resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinating prospective mailing lists.
- Enrolling eligible students with the VA regional offices for benefits under the following chapters of Title 38 of the U.S. Code Chapter 32 (Post-Vietnam Era Veterans), Chapter 34 (Vietnam Era Veterans), Chapter 35 (Survivors and Dependents' Educational Assistance), and Chapter 106 for students.
- Preparing and submitting enrollment reports to VA on each student receiving benefits each semester; reporting cancellations, drops or adds, and other changes that affect the pay status of students receiving VA benefits for students.
- Submitting, on behalf of new applicants, forms or copies of records on change of program or place of training, Report of Separation from Active Duty (DD214), marriage licenses, birth certificates for dependents, claim numbers, and related documents required for certification of eligibility for benefits for students.
- Maintaining of continual liaison with the VA Regional Office for students.
- Advising veterans on availability of tutorial assistance, determination of eligibility, and processing of claims for reimbursement for tutoring students.
- Advising veterans on availability of tutorial assistance, determination of eligibility, and processing of claims for reimbursement for tutoring of students.
- Assisting veterans in securing special veterans benefits made available through individual state resources for students.
- Distributing information and mail, as necessary, for faculty and staff.
- Maintaining office filing system.
- Assisting students with various problems and if necessary, directing them to the appropriate office/ offices on campus.
- Ordering office supplies through the online purchasing system.
- Providing data entry for registration and other College related activities.
- Organize and schedule meetings/appointments for the Atmore Campus Director.
- Assisting the Atmore Campus Director with preparing and setting up for meetings.
- Entering travel and processing travel requests.
- Reserve rooms and buildings on campus.
- Performing clerical duties for the Atmore Campus Director.
- Word processing a variety of materials such as letters and reports.
- Ensuring that confidential student information is distributed only to authorized personnel and being responsible for security of files.
- Learning all computer systems and programs required to conduct assigned duties.
- Serving on and providing information to College committees as needed.
- Maintaining a highly professional attitude and demeanor at all times.
- Exhibiting appropriate and satisfactory leadership within the College.
- Complying with ACCS and College policies, as well as state and federal laws.
- Providing responsible, adequate, and satisfactory leadership on the campus and within the College.
- Communicating positively and professionally in all aspects of the position.
- Ensuring the positive promotion of the College and integration of all campuses within the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Appropriate placement on the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule E4-06
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- A completed online application form.
- A signed cover letter describing specifically how your experience and qualifications meet the minimum requirements.
- Current resume' showing education degrees earned and complete employment history.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges attended where degrees were conferred. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts. Official copies will be required if employed with the institution.
All applicants are required
to apply on-line for job opportunities. To apply on-line, go to http://www.coastalalabama.edu/employment/ click on the job title you are interested in and then click on the "Apply" link. If this is the first time you are applying using our on-line job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for an open position. Only completed applications received during the period of this vacancy announcement will be considered.
- It is recommended that you have digital (PDF) copies of your resume and unofficial and/or official transcripts. You will be required to upload this during the application process.
- You must submit three professional references' contact information while you are completing the application for employment.
- We do not accept paper, faxed or emailed applications and application materials.
- You may not put "see resume" on any section of the application form.
- Please ensure that uploads are not behind a paywall or a password-protected area. The screening committee may disqualify your application packet if required uploads are inaccessible.
- When you finish the steps to apply to a job, you will receive an on-screen notice that you've successfully applied. However, this notice does not mean your application materials are complete.
- Correspondence regarding positions (i.e. scheduled interview appointment, position filled announcement) will be sent to applicants through the e-mail address used on the applicants' NEOGOV accounts. Applicants are required to monitor their e-mail accounts for updates regarding positions.
- Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, January 26 2020,
and will only be accepted through the online
Applicants who fail to submit a completed application packet will be disqualified.
Any questions about this vacancy announcement should be addressed to the following:
Coastal Alabama Community College
Human Resources Office
1900 U.S. Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette, AL 36507
The President will appoint a Screening and Interview Committee to include representatives of the College faculty and staff. This committee will employ appropriate procedures, including the review of application packets, interview, and demonstration of competency, to determine which applicants are to be recommended to the President for further consideration. From all the applications received, a screening committee will select the applicants to be interviewed. All initial interviews will be conducted in person and applicants must travel at their own expense.
Coastal Alabama Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, shall be discriminated against on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law.
It is College policy to provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all applicants and employees as required by appropriate federal and state law.
Coastal Alabama Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants in need of an accommodation(s), should contact the Human Resources Office prior to the interview.
Coastal Alabama Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
The College reserves the right not to fill the positions in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Coastal Alabama Community College is a multi-campus organization and employees of the College may be assigned to work at any of the College worksites, may be required to travel among various work sites for both day, evening, and weekend responsibilities, and must provide their own mode of transportation.
Coastal Alabama Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Applicants must adhere to the College's prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.