See Position Description
2600 South First Street Temple, TX
Salary Grade Ranking
Total hours required per week
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS): High School Diploma/High School Equivalency and six (6) months directly related full-time work experience. Part-time work experience will be pro-rated. The total pro-rated work experience must equal or exceed the minimum number of months listed. PREFERENCES: None CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver's License (TXCDL), Class B/Passenger
Position Summary & Essential Duties
The following duties, responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s), and physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The information listed below is not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities, KSA’s, and physical requirements required of this position since changes to the position may occur at any time or additional requirements that may be added over the course of time.
Provides bus transportation services for College student athletes and employees to regularly scheduled out-of-town sports events. Trained in passenger safety which includes but not limited to cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid. Assist coaches and employees with lifting, loading, and storing of equipment. Reports malfunctioning or damaged equipment to the Athletic Director.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
High School Diploma/High School Equivalency and six (6) months directly related full-time work experience. Part-time work experience will be pro-rated. The total pro-rated work experience must equal or exceed the minimum number of months listed.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES:
Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License (TXCDL), Class B/Passenger
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Conduct pre and post-trip inspections and complete all necessary documentation.
- Work with the Athletic Director, coaches and administrative assistant to setup trip itineraries.
- Fuel bus before and after trips.
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- Make sure all athletic equipment and other supplies are properly loaded and secured during travel.
- Ensure passenger safety, security, and comfort.
- Follow approved travel routes barring any construction or unforeseen circumstances.
- Perform routine inspection of bus at venue locations.
- Clean the interior of the bus upon return to campus including sweeping, mopping, and removal of trash.
- Inspect the interior of the bus for items left behind. Return items to the coach or administrative assistant.
- Timely and accurately report needed repairs or accidents/incidents to the Athletic Director or supervisor.
- Attend any required meetings.
- Follow all TC policies.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS REQUIRED OF POSITION:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Be friendly and collegial with co-workers, faculty, students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities & Physical Demands
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of basic bus maintenance requirements which include but are not limited to checking tire pressure, checking oil and all fluid levels.
- Knowledge of FERPA policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic first aid
- Organization skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Communication skills, which include oral, written, analytical and technical skills to express information to others effectively.
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal and written instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to manage time by organizing, planning, prioritizing, and completing required work duties.
- Ability to read road maps or input directions into an electronic mapping device.
Moderate physical activity that may include lifting, pushing, pulling of objects up to 25 pounds and objects up to or over 45 pounds. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Work is normally performed in an exterior work environment exposing the incumbent to various hot, cold, rainy, and icy weather conditions. May be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
HOURS PER WEEK: