Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs. The position will start out at 35 hours per week, at a rate of $12 per hour. Benefits include retirement (with employer contribution after 2 years of service), healthcare, paid vacation and holidays, Y membership after 90 days and Y household membership after one year.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
6. Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, swim team practices
and meets, and boating programs.
7. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
8. Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
9. Ensures first aid equipment and supplies are stocked and up to date.
10. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
11. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
12. Assists with Program Committee meetings
13. Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.