Covenant Community Care, a faith-based non-profit Community Health Center is looking for a full-time Accounting Assistant to assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining complete and accurate financial records. The position is located at our Administrative office located in Dearborn. The ideal candidate will have strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (including pivot tables, v-lookups and advanced formulas). Entry level position with opportunities for advancement.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Enter routine invoices into the accounting system.
- Communicate with vendors and colleagues to research and resolve AP issues.
- Assist the Controller with maintaining a recurring calendar for key AP dates.
- Collaborate with Accountant and Controller to brainstorm and test ideas to speed up the AP closing cycle.
- Manage the process of collecting time and effort reports from employees. Check time and effort reports for accuracy and completeness, resolving any discrepancies with employees.
- Reconcile the subledger for contributions to the general ledger.
- Special projects as assigned.
General Administrative Duties:
- Assist Accountant, Controller, and CFO with administrative tasks, such as filing, creating letters, report formatting, etc.
- Cross-train on other duties within the department to cover for employee vacations and leaves of absence.
- Open and distribute the mail.
- Receive and log packages if Purchasing Manager is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A thorough understanding of core accounting principles
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work both individually and as a team
- High school diploma required
- One year of accounting experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time 30-40 hrs.
Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 4O1K, tuition reimbursement and paid time off)
Please apply directly on company website: www.covenantcommunitycare.org