Title: Vice President Development Foundation (Greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Site: Aurora Medical Center Grafton (Travel within Northern & Central WI)
Location: Grafton, Wisconsin
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE:
Advocate Health System and Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the 10 largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our combined strength and stability drives us forward.
With our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
- 70,000 Team Members
- 22,000 Nurses
- 3,300 Employed Physicians
- 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
As the VP of Development for the Foundation, Responsible for identifying and qualifying prospects and donors, setting prospect strategies, leading cultivations, securing major gifts through solicitation, and continued stewardship of donors in a PSA. This position requires demonstrated leadership with major gift donors, volunteers, executives, physicians, and Foundation staff. The VP Dev develops relationships with donors and has willingness to act as a part of the Foundation, Hospital and Advocate Aurora Health care team toward identified hospital and system priorities.
Responsible for maintaining a portfolio of individual prospects/donors which includes obtaining new donors, managing existing donor relationships, and ensuring maximum donor retention and growth in giving. Maintains an active pool of viable prospects and focuses on securing gifts of $100,000 or greater.
Develops strong working relationships with all team members of the Hospital, especially executives, physicians and program directors, so that they may assist the Foundation in identifying, qualifying, cultivating and soliciting prospects for major gifts.
- Serves as senior member of the hospital’s management team to help develop effective and resonant policies, actively participate in decision making and educate senior management about fundraising philosophies and practices.
- Develops annual and long-term site team plans, goals and foundation development strategies based on current giving and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for meeting the team’s annual fund-raising goal and the Foundation’s annual fund-raising goal for philanthropy, donor visit goals, as well as, managing expenses as budgeted.
- Externally develop and maintain relationships with targeted community constituents, Development & Governing Councils, Auxiliary and Service League Leaders and Emeritus Colleagues for the purpose of continuing their commitment and philanthropic support of the Hospital(s), it’s programs and the community.
- Partners with the Foundation’s central operations teams to effectively integrate all areas of fundraising such as annual giving campaign, special events, planned giving, giving from corporations, foundations, and organizations, stewardship, prospect research and communication. Maintain open communications with other foundation leadership to coordinate shared prospects and educate on similar strategies.
- Builds the prospect portfolios for site team and assign the individual responsibilities within the portfolios. Monitor the productivity of each member’s portfolio.
- Develops team member’s understanding of all areas of development. Mentor/coach/train staff specifically regarding moves management. Ensure the team follows the standards of utilizing the donor database and donor files to maintain the consistency of all Foundation prospect/donor information.
- Ensures the team follows the standards of input for the donor database and donor files to maintain the consistency of all Foundation prospect/donor information.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
Required Functional Experience: Typically requires 10 years of experience in fundraising/development.
Required Management Experience:
- Includes 5 years of management experience in developing and maintaining successful major giving, annual giving, and capital campaign programs for a large complex organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of ethical guidelines, professional standards and federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting fund development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively and the ability to understand and meet the needs of a diverse population.
- Skills in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with employees, donors, physicians, strategic leaders, and other professionals.
- Skills in market research and analysis and prospect identification.
- Strong capacity to understand and share the organizations vision.
- Ability to understand and cooperate within team-oriented environment.
- Strong and effective management/coaching skills and ability to handle multiple projects and set priorities.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite or similar products and experience using fundraising software (raisers edge).
At Aurora Health Care
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you can change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matter at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $0.01 per year
- Management/leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- fundraising/development: 10 years (Preferred)