Job no: 494352
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will focus on providing a first-class philanthropic experience for all donors by leveraging digital and in-person engagement to effectively build relationships based on what truly matters to each individual supporter.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
- Actively engage with and build relationships with a portfolio of supporters and prospects
- Manage a hand-selected portfolio of approximately 1,000 current and lapsed donors
- Leverage technology including EverTrue’s cloud platform, social media platforms and video conferencing software tools to build rapport, steward and solicit donors in an alumni centric, targeted, high-velocity manner
- Execute monthly and quarterly touchpoint cadences (averaging 50+ outbound touchpoints per day) across portfolio to ensure consistent and relevant donor communication
- Meet and exceed clearly defined activity, donor and revenue retention, and reactivation goals
- Be fluent in the “menu” of engagement and philanthropic opportunities across the university (regional alumni events, on campus events, mentorship and volunteer opportunities, crowdfunding campaigns, fundraising priorities) to inform conversations and solicitations
- Embrace a “mile-wide and inch-deep” approach to serving as a proactive advisor on resources available to donors across the institution.
- Build relationships across the University campus to be in a position to connect donors with relevant individuals when applicable
- Aid in outreach and follow up for events and activities on behalf of Alumni Relations and Development
- Proactively monitor engagement to identify and launch initiatives that drive donations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Desire to pursue a career in higher education advancement
- High degree of grit and resilience and desire to challenge the status quo
- Unceasing “can do” attitude
- Experience in higher education fundraising as a student or professional (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills across mediums, especially via video conferencing
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong work ethic with a desire to become a leader in the development space
- Able to handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
Advertised: December 28, 2020
Applications close: January 15, 2021