Title: Membership Manager
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Application Deadline: December 15, 2020
Boston Center for the Arts is seeking a creative and driven fundraising professional to oversee its nascent membership program. BCA Membership offers our cultural community multiple points of access to Boston Center for the Arts and the transdisciplinary programs we produce, activating and advancing the mission of the BCA through financial support and engagement. This opportunity offers the right individual the ability to shape and lead an exciting new program.
The Membership Manager is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, and successfully executing a thoughtful, inclusive, and vibrant membership program that supports the work of Boston Center for the Arts to reach its strategic individual and corporate fundraising goals. The Membership Manager would also provide high-quality database management, prospect research and development coordination, including oversight of consistent data entry procedures, optimizing functionality, and ensuring quality control and best practices for donor management.
Some weekend and evening work will be required. Skills required include: exceptional writing skills; experience using and maintaining CRM database; knowledge of nonprofit fundraising; experience planning special events; strong communication and project management skills; effective interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to execute on the mission of the BCA and the policies of the Co-Executive Directors and Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the BCA Membership platform.
- Working with the Advancement and Artistic teams to plan and execute cultivation and stewardship events aligning with programmatic initiatives, engaging demographically disparate audiences with BCA programs, artists, and staff.
- Management of our Membership Advisory Council, including monthly meetings.
- Developing plans and budgets for assigned Member opportunities and campaigns, and ensuring adherence to projected budget.
- Monitoring and evaluating outcomes of events and campaigns. Utilize database tools to collect, enter and accurately update event, volunteer, and donor information.
- Processing gifts and acknowledgments, and maintaining the client relationship management software, Patron Manager.
- Assisting the Director of Institutional Giving with grant and grant award processing.
- Maintaining regular and courteous contact with our Membership base, including letters, emails, phone calls and other outreach as needed.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and Communications to provide and steward information necessary to meet fundraising/membership marketing campaign deadlines.
- Attending required staff and departmental meetings, working collaboratively with BCA staff.
- Supporting all BCA programs and special events as requested. Attendance at evening and weekend performances and events will be required as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, arts administration, or comparable area of study OR 2-4 years of experience in the fields of non-profit fundraising, arts management, or administration is preferred.
The successful candidate will have: an outgoing and friendly demeanor; strong oral and written communication skills; experience with creating and managing events; a record of successful fundraising in a non-profit setting; experience working in cooperation with artistic personalities; experience managing volunteers; knowledge of the visual and performing arts; ability to multi-task successfully; experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM databases (Salesforce or Patron Manager preferred but not required); excellent organizational and collaborative skills; an ability to maintain the highest professional ethics at all times.
Please send resume and letter of interest to: Humanresources@bostonarts.org