Boulder Community Health, Boulder, CO 80303
$33.77 - $50.64 an hour - Per Diem, evenings and weekends.
**Range includes per diem differential. +$2.50/hr for evening and weekend shifts.
Boulder Community health is seeking a Childbirth Educator who instructs and facilitates groups of consumers enrolled in childbirth and parenting classes at Boulder Community Hospital. The childbirth educator focuses on wellness,
health-promotion, and self-involvement, as well as knowledge of informed consent, and evidence-based care for the to- be mother and/or parent/caregiver.
- Health insurance, including a FREE employee only option
- Dental and Vision insurance
- BCH paid Life Insurance; Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance plans
- Short-term and Long-term disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement plan with BCH matching contributions, and discretionary lump sum contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Education assistance program
- Staff Support Initiatives such as Sound Baths, Meditation, Massages, and Reiki
- Free one-on-one retirement planning sessions
- Employee Assistance Program offering 8 free, confidential counseling sessions for you and your family.
- Colorado RN license in good standing and/or national Educator Certification from the International Childbirth Education Association or Lamaze International or Certified Lactation Educator.
- Follows childbirth/parenting/breastfeeding class outline.
- Utilizes approved methods and materials.
- Practices time management.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills, incorporating adult learning theories.
- Demonstrates knowledge base of childbirth/parenting education to include; Current literature, Technical aspects of pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum and basic infant care, Parenting issues.
- Demonstrates understanding of group processes related to client’s race, sex, spiritual, age specific growth and developmental needs.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to client’s issues/concerns.
- Maintains client/hospital confidentially.
- Demonstrates collaborative interactions with childbirth-parenting coordinator.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Boulder Community Health’s vision is partnering to create and care for the healthiest community in the nation. We are a community owned-and-operated nonprofit health system dedicated to providing local access to high-quality medical care to our community in Boulder and surrounding areas.
We are known across Colorado for our clinical excellence in heart care, neurosurgery, stroke care, orthopedics and cancer care. We’re proud of our tradition of being an early adopter of new technologies and medical techniques that improve care for our patients. We are a Certified Level II Trauma Center with numerous awards and recognition including the 2023 Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award, 2022 Best Hospitals for Maternity Care from Leapfrog, Money Magazine and Newsweek and Boulder Weekly’s 2022 Best Hospital.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, living and working in Boulder means enjoying the outdoors and natural beauty, bringing a fresh perspective to healthcare practice.
As an employee at Boulder Community Health, you will enjoy working in state-of-the-art facilities with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement and an on-site fitness center. You also have access to an incredible Employee Wellness and Support program, employee activities, discounts and more!
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace.
BCH will never conduct interviews or ask for employment documents via text.
Location: Boulder Community Health · Perinatal Education
Schedule: Per-diem, Various shifts, Evening and Weekends
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*