Job Type Part-Time Staff
Job Number PRO20-2020-0624
Department Intercollegiate Athletics
Classification Code M10ATHLSPRE31T
Salary Grade Professional
Salary Grade Ranking PL 1
Total hours required per week Varies
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS): High School Diploma or High School equivalency. PREFERRED: None
WORK SCHEDULE: Schedule will vary due to departmental commitments and as needed by the Head Coach
Position Summary & Essential Duties
The following duties, responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s), and physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The information listed below is not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities, KSA’s, and physical requirements required of this position since changes to the position may occur at any time or additional requirements that may be added over the course of time.
Under direct supervision of the respective Head Coach, the incumbent will perform, miscellaneous duties assigned by the Head Coach.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
High School Diploma or High School equivalency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Assist the head coach with practice schedules and implementation of drills during practice times.
- Oversee specific positions during practice as assigned by the head coach.
- Monitor conditioning drills and assist with weight room workouts.
- Be available to monitor study hall hours when needed. Assist with gym/field maintenance as needed.
- Be available for home games and road trips to assist the head coach with pre-game, game and post-game duties.
- Assist with stats for all games including keeping the book and finalizing stats for entry into conference, regional and national websites if needed.
- Assist with video setup for home and away games.
- Assist with recruiting, to include travel to watch prospective student athletes and to assist with on campus visits by said athletes.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS REQUIRED OF POSITION:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Be friendly and collegial with co-workers, faculty, students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality. Keep work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities & Physical Demands
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the principles and methods for training.
- Knowledge of teaching and instruction for individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Knowledge of appropriate subject matter and the application of the subject matter for the discipline being taught.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies procedure, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operation for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of effective communication strategies, verbal and written in dealing with students and other involved parties.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with students and other involved parties.
- Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the college.
- Ability to follow directives and being responsible for tasks which have been assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively – orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Ability to represent the department and college in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
Moderate physical activity is required with occasional lifting of objects, carrying or dragging objects approximately 40 pounds. Standing, running, squatting or bending for extended periods of time.
Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors. Duties will require travel in personal or College owned vehicle. Variances from regular working hours may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Schedule will vary due to departmental commitments and as needed by the Head Coach
HOURS REQUIRED PER WEEK: