Executive Development Associate
The School of Law
Development and University Relations
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for External Relations & Assistant Dean for Law School Advancement, this position is responsible primarily to support the Law School’s Advancement Executive Team.
- Plays a key role in the strategic efforts of the division by providing extensive administrative support for the Assistant Vice President for External Relations & Assistant Dean for Law School Advancement by managing complex appointments calendars; answers phone calls from Board members, donors, consultants and vendors, DAUR colleagues, Dean’s Offices, and President’s and the University Secretary Offices; making travel arrangements, etc.
- Supports campaign stewardship efforts, including assisting with organization and implementation of cultivation activities for Board members and $100,000+ donors, assisting with preparations for the advisory board meetings.
- Serves as the primary administrator for 25Live reservation system for DAUR – Law School conference rooms, responsible for providing system training for new staff, managing internal and external requests, and troubleshooting issues related to the conference room usage.
- Serves as primary contact for issues related to technologies in Law School conference rooms, collaborating closely with Law School IT staff.
- Assists with prospect and donor data management, including maintaining prospects contact information and call reports in Advance, as well as generating monthly visits and proposals reports from the Fordham Advance system for the fundraising team.
- Generates sophisticated PowerPoint presentation slides, extensive lists, mail merges and reports using Fordham Advance, Microsoft Power BI, and Microsoft Excel.
- Assists in the production of various reports for distribution to Law School Advancement, DAUR, Dean’s Office, President’s Office, and Board members.
- Assists and staffs various University fundraising and cultivation events and major gifts donors/prospects meetings throughout the year, including the Dean’s Society reception, Stein Prize dinner, Annual Luncheon, Annual Founder’s Award Dinner, Reunion, and other Dean’s Office events.
- Collaborates with various Development and University Relations teams, Deans’ Offices, other Vice Presidents’ areas, outside vendors, FLAA Board, Dean’s Planning Council, and Parents Leadership Council members.
- Provides assistance with New Staff Orientation process to onboard new staff to the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 1+ years progressive, professional experience supporting executive-level professionals is preferred.
- Experience in dealing with senior executives in the profit and non-profit sectors and comfortable dealing with professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated solid mastery of MS Office applications, especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and good understanding of database applications
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, customer-service, and organizational skills
- Solid ability with preparing financial-related reports and presentations is necessary
- Interest in fundraising and/or higher education is helpful
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when handling confidential information demonstrating personal comportment consistent with DAUR’s core values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented team player with a highly professional manner and willingness to learn new tools and applications
- Must be able to work independently to solve problems with little supervision
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends for events is expected
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories