The lab of Dr. Seumois at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate to implement a translational platform to study airway diseases (aeroallergies, asthma) biology and the impact of immunomodulating molecules on immune cells in human and mice experimental set-ups.
Dr. Seumois is a young investigator, and Director of the Sequencing Core at the La Jolla Institute and an expert in epigenomic applied to human immunology. His contribution to the understanding of allergy and asthma biology has been rewarded by several high-impact publications. Currently, Dr. Seumois received funding to develop a translational platform to study new molecules targeting the immune system and therefore accelerate drug discovery in airway diseases such as aeroallergies and asthma. Dr. Seumois’ group is part of the Vijayanand Laboratory within the vaccine discovery division at LJI.
- Identify and investigate novel target molecules from existing or new datasets.
- Develop functional assays using gene editing methodologies in human primary cells and mouse model of airway diseases.
- Apply cutting-edge genomic and immunological tools to generate data, interpret results, create hypotheses and generate novel insights in airway disease immunology
- Present and discuss work internally and at scientific conferences
- Publish in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- PhD or MD/PhD in immunology or a substantially similar field
- Previous experience in performing in vivo experiments (mouse models) is required
- Experience in gene function modulating assays is desirable.
- Knowledge on airway disease and airway immune-biology is desirable
- Knowledge in bioinformatic analysis and coding skills is desirable.
- Candidate needs to show great aptitude to independently drive a project while being a team player
- Self-starter, creative and optimistic minds are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a statement of research interests and the contact information of 2-3 references.
For three consecutive years, LJI has been ranked as one of the best places to work in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal. The Institute hosts 24 world-renowned faculty and over 100 postdoctoral researchers hailing from 21+ different countries.
LJI is located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and all that the area has to offer.
LJI provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or pregnancy. This applies to all personnel practices, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs.