Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Assistant Philanthropy Officer (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Foundation Major Gifts at Swedish Shared Services in Seattle, WA.
The Assistant Philanthropy Officer works to secure major gifts for one or more priority Institutes or Enterprises with a primary focus on gifts $50,000 and above. This position is responsible for working with the Senior Director and with physician and administrative leaders to share with potential donors the fundraising priorities for the Institute or Enterprise with a goal to increase giving at the $50,000 level.
In this position you will:
- Works closely with the Foundation Leadership, Foundation Board, Administrators and Physician groups to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies for one or more Swedish priority Institutes or Enterprises with a goal to increase giving at the $50,000 level.
- Directs and participates in the face-to-face cultivation and solicitation of $50,000 (with a focus on $100,000 ) gifts, including managing a portfolio of donors, identifying, qualifying and cultivating new prospects.
- Works with the Senior Director and physician and administrative leadership to share with donors appropriate fundraising priorities that align with institutional strategic plans and with the interests of prospective donors. With assistance from the Senior Director, develops prospect lists and fundraising strategies to raise support for priority projects.
- Provides leadership, support and motivation to physicians and volunteers who assist in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors capable of giving $50,000 or more. This includes individual/family, foundation and corporate donors.
- Collaborates effectively with Stewardship, Annual Giving, Event and Foundation Communications colleagues to advance sophisticated, donor-centered and effective major gift strategies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years major gift or sales experience.
- Proven track record managing a successful development or sales program.
- Experience in a major, decentralized institution, preferably health care or higher education
About Swedish Shared Services:
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group’s network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Foundation
Work Locations: First Hill Heath Bldg (WA204) 801 Broadway Seattle, 98122