The Executive Director will lead with passion and dedication to improve health and well-being while inspiring generosity across the Indianapolis Metro Region. They will lead, guide and manage the Adult Academic Health Center and Indy Suburban philanthropic team focusing on securing gifts at the leadership annual giving, major giving and principal giving levels. This leader will be responsible for leading by example and creating a set of expectations that lead the team to high performance in grateful patient fundraising. The Indy Metro Executive Director will have a goal focusing on dollars raised and a leading indicator metric (f2f, solicitations, etc) goal. This Executive Director will ensure philanthropic priority and strategic alignment with Indy Metro Regional hospital leadership and assist in Indy Suburban and Adult Academic Health Center campaign planning, implementation and execution.
Other opportunities include:
- Building on IU Health’s grateful patient fundraising
- Supporting a minimum of 6 hospitals and 2 cancer centers to drive philanthropic efforts
- Collaborating with Riley Children’s Health fundraising team to increase the IU Health Foundation impact on the community
- Leading and developing the philanthropy teams to exceed goals and operate as high performing related to benchmarks
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree is preferred.
- CFRE and/or FAHP desired.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience building/creating a robust grateful patient program in an academic health environment
- Background working with academic partners
- Working knowledge of fundraising software, i.e. Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience with a matrix organization and complex work environment.
- Reports to: Chief Development Officer of the IU Health Foundation
- Direct reports: 9
- Other key relationships: Adult Academic Health Center and Indy Suburban Presidents and Leadership Teams, Communication and Community Work Stream participants, Adult Academic Health Center and Indy Suburban Board Committees, IU Health Foundation Leadership Team, Riley Children’s Health fundraising team