Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a President, Philanthropy who:
Serves as principle major gifts officer and chief operating officer of the Foundation. Designs and implements a comprehensive major gifts program directed toward individual, corporate and foundation donors. Works closely with the leadership and Foundation staff, the Ministry, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and volunteer leadership in generating major philanthropic support. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Builds a culture of philanthropy through strong annual giving and major gifts programs. Provides direction for the short and long-term initiatives of the Foundation. Helps the organization increase its support from the community to achieve strategic plan targets.
- Grows annual giving program revenues. Oversees the identification and pursuit of major donors. Oversees the prospect and donor database as it relates to Major Gift work. Oversees coordination and promotion of major events. Oversees appropriate and adequate tracking, acknowledgment and recognition of all major gifts and volunteer contributions.
- Directs, manages, designs and implements comprehensive contract and grant procedure policy in regards to budgets, grant reporting and maintenance of appropriate documentation of expenditures and summaries of project activities. Directs, manages and analyzes grant contracts, budgets and programmatic activities. Identifies appropriate funding sources, and maintains primary responsibility for a systematic approach to the development of grant applications.
- Provides leadership for the employee donation campaign to secure annual employee campaign goals. Oversees an annual plan of direct mail and other annual giving programs.
- Oversees support staff and coordinates with them on individually preparing appropriate staff and volunteers for each visit. Oversees timely and thorough follow-up correspondence and call reports. Maintains Foundation budget. Develops, coordinates and administers policies related to fund development and gift acceptance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Ten years fund raising experience: Preferred
- Five years leadership experience: Preferred
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE): Preferred