LORAC was founded in 1995 by the Makeup Artist, Carol Shaw. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, it was one of the first Artist-Founded brands and the only one based in the heart of Hollywood Glamour. Carol was known for her editorial work with Vogue Magazine and the photographer Herb Ritts. In 2019, the brand expanded internationally for the first time, signed its first ever Global Artistry Ambassador & Celebrity Makeup Artist (post Carol) and expanded distribution in the US. In the future, the brand will continue to grow while redefining the categories that put us on the map. This is not a startup brand, but a start over brand, with the runway and corporate support to fly as high as we can reach.
Reporting to the Global President Markwins Beauty Brands, the Vice President, LORAC will be responsible for leading the strategic direction and daily activities of LORAC in the U.S. including full P&L responsibility. The VP will set the vision for continued growth, establish the optimal product line expansion and innovation, marketing strategy, creative direction and ensure bottom line P&L performance. The ability to build strong relationships with the Commercial team, Supply Chain, Digital and Retail Customers will be critical to success in the role. As a visionary leader, this executive will inspire and mentor a young but high performing team to drive growth and market share. The ideal candidate will lead strategic initiatives to drive newness and innovation bringing product to market at an accelerated pace and will be comfortable taking calculated risks to grow the business.
The Vice President, LORAC will drive the strategic roadmap with Retail Customers and Consumers alike by identifying market opportunities and trends to deliver speed in brand innovation. The VP will play a key role in the architecting of Markwins evolving presence in the market through the leadership of the LORAC brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual business plans – develop plans that generate profitable growth across the Brand in multiple categories and channels. Develop and deliver agreed upon financial and non-financial goals
- Critical business opportunities – identify opportunities for LORAC through market research, promotions, social media and creative direction. Evaluate new business opportunities to accelerate customer adoption and value creation
- Brand building - continue to build and reinvent brand equity as necessary focused on a unique point of differentiation ensuring the brand is appealing to consumers. Drive product innovation to substantiate brand equity and resulting consumer sales.
- Brand image – maintain brand image and positioning by controlling distribution channels, pricing, and presentation
- Grow the customer base – engage with retailers and consumers to understand their needs in an effort to grow market share
- Introduce appropriate KPIs and broader analytics - measure performance against commitments and actively use results to redirect resources as required. Identifies and implements cost savings initiatives. Deliver continuous improvements in costs/margin and in operational and economic efficiency
- Leadership – build strong cooperative working relationships with others in Markwins and maintain communication within and between various functional areas. Foster a culture that builds and enhances a positive and professional atmosphere; lead effectively to ensure diversity is valued and practiced in the workplace. Embrace the mission of the Brand and Markwins with passion and enthusiasm
- Training and Development – recruit, train, and retain key personnel, drive peak performance by balancing supervision and delegation. Encourage career growth and involvement in training and promoting employees. Implement policies to align motivation and encourage accountability and results
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 15 years’ experience in leadership roles in the beauty or personal care categories with a foundation in a well-established consumer products company. Classic Marketing and CPG training will be important to successfully transition into the requirements of the role; experience in color cosmetics (in any channel) would be a plus. Given the market positioning of LORAC, familiarity with the Food/Drug/Mass (FDM) channel in the U.S. will be instrumental in understanding and working with key trading partners as Markwins is a sales driven organization.
The successful candidate must be an entrepreneurial self-starter and leader who possesses strong teaming, collaboration, and influencing skills. A strong work ethic and commitment, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, will be most effective in the Markwins’ culture.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge and/or experience in successfully running all aspects of a consumer products beauty brand; finance, brand marketing, digital and social media, product development and innovation, sales, demand planning, customer service, quality and R&D
- Experience using data (KPI’s) in a measurable way to achieve a specific strategic result relevant to the needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to develop, measure, and improve operational, financial, quality, and cycle time performance indicators
- Ability to set strategy, get buy-in from the organization, and comfortable executing autonomously. Able to work in an entrepreneurial culture without a lot of structure and process
- Strong influencing skills; Balanced demeanor, great attitude and positive approach to challenges. Ability to navigate in a privately-owned, family environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; successful track record of effective influencing and selling skills with the necessary gravitas and sophistication to engender credibility
- Ability to facilitate change
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and strong attention to detail
- Natural ability to multi-task juggling multiple priorities; comfortable changing gears with a high level of agility
- High energy, hands-on leadership with a strong work ethic
- Collaborative partner who works well across all levels of the organization; works with integrity and instills trust, confidence, and respect among employees, customers and external stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA highly preferred
Salary: Pay commensurate with skill set and relevant experience level. Benefits:Comprehensive benefits package includes employer paid health benefits and 401k match. Benefits typically offered only to full-time employees.
Markwins Beauty Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Markwins Beauty Brands does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.